Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 2X09 - "What Kate Did" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 10-04-2006 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "WHAT KATE DID" -

Episode Title: "What Kate Did"
    Airdate: April 10th 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

As Kate’s backstory continues, her original crime is revealed. She thinks something is haunting her through Sawyer. Locke and Eko make an interesting discovery about the film, and Michael has a mysterious encounter with the computer.

Next New Episode: 2X10 - "The 23rd Psalm" - April 17th 2006

What did you think of "What Kate Did"? 54 votes

Brillant!
    0%
    Good!
    29%
    ElmohallelujajordanJBoyle4evaBuck OwensnachosSooner or LaterquazzySon GokuNecronomiconshanewbikoBartronilic**Timbuk2**iFightJellolostirishgirl 16 votes
    Average!
    46%
    Johnny_the_foxMr EtimeoutjamescrombieFaithSCULLYweemcdyom 1BasqSpockermurfieKillaqueen!!!tvnutzfaigstrishw78ArmaniJeanssSilagepokerwidowFuzzy_DunlopAgamemnon 25 votes
    Bad!
    18%
    CrucifixeirebhoysqurmdeisedollyDurasBinkafobsHitch-Hikersquire1Cooee 10 votes
    Terrible!
    5%
    D-GenerateWashoutLaguna 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Average!
    Trying new poll options this week as feedback has indicated a few people are sick of the 1 - 10 option scale with even poor episodes being voted in the 7 - 10 range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah good idea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

is this the episode that features a giant sized jelly bean man who takes his revenge on Hurley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

is this the episode that features a giant sized jelly bean man who takes his revenge on Hurley?

No that's next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Average!
    This week is
    the one where Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tubeman takes a bite out of Hurley's fat ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dubdumber

Anyone else hate the bits RTE have put in at the breaks? I've been keeping up with the US, through my cousin, and try to avoid reading in-depth thoeries so it doesnt spoil the climax of the show, and then they dumbwits put in stuff like that. Tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

If any of those Lucozade spots contains the show's ending, I'll cry with laughter, followed by pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Bad!
    Weird episode...weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Good!
    dubdumber wrote:
    Anyone else hate the bits RTE have put in at the breaks? I've been keeping up with the US, through my cousin, and try to avoid reading in-depth thoeries so it doesnt spoil the climax of the show, and then they dumbwits put in stuff like that. Tools.

Hate them with a passion

Episode was brilliant tonight, step upo from the rest of the series (except 2 01) which has been ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Average!
    OMG nearly feel off my f ucking seat when 'Dad?' was typed :eek: It is so hard not to read ahead. I thought this was good but it still did not seem a strong enough motive for murder, but then again what is?
    Is there still a bit of the reel missing? It ended very abruptly. There are two episodes next week but one seems like a recap. Why do we need another bloody recap? Can someone tell me if it is? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Good!
    Great episode tonight. There was lots in it!! Can't wait to see the episode next week...

2 classic bits...
    (a).. The face that Mr. Eko had when he saw the video from Dharma
    (b).. The face of John Locke when he saw the negatives of the man from the video

Loved the bit at the very end
    Dad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Average!
    I have to say I liked this episode although I don't think it was as good as the previous too weeks. It was interesting to see Kates original crime and I'm loving Mr. Eko more with each episode, its a pity the missing scenes in the the Dharma video weren't a bit more interesting but still it was excellent at the end when "Dad?" appeared on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Good!
    Very good episode! I liked the Kate/Sawyer/Wayne's ghost plot, especially when you see the horse during her back-story. I also love every scene between Eko and Locke, my two favourite characters I'd have to say. Very good ending as well. Looking forward to next week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Average!
    I get the feeling that there's still more to that Dharma video...

On a completely unrelated note, I flicked on the TV earlier and what was on? Dharma and Greg! Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Average!
    ah holy jesus. that is one of the best endings lost has had in a long time!

average enough episode, the black pony was cool. i am also of the opinion that mr ecko is probably the coolest lost characer, on a par with locke and desmond (also isnt it time we seen that guy again?)

good episode, hopefully things are gonna progress quicker from now on!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Good!
    Don't you find Locke and Mr. Eko to be very alike. They both obviously know more than there letting on imo

Good!
    They both obviously know more than there letting on imo
    I think they just have similar personalities. Like Eko's line "Don't mistake coincidence with faith" is the type of thing you'd hear Locke say.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hitch-Hiker

Bad!
    Nothing much happened until the ending, but what an ending!!!! Can't wait to see what comes next.
    Mr Ecko is very like Locke alright. Cool character.

Average!
    Did anyone else notice in the scene when Saywer and Kate saw the horse you can see the horse trainers arm to the right of the screen? Its very funny!

Heres a link to a video of it : http://home.no.net/clan6/hand/hand.avi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Average!
    Anyone else think Kate's backstory was a bit too predictable? The same with Ana-Lucia last week. After about thirty seconds I blurted out 'She's a cop who killed someone.' I had pretty much worked out Kate's story last season.

Quick question. The tape told them not to attempt contact with the outside world. Does that include the other bunkers (presumably where the Others are) or does it just mean not to attempt to contact anybody who's not on the island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Good!
    I'm in shock on the ending! With the warning off the newly discovered tape to this contact from, what we can presume to be, Walt: Friggin fantastic!

I liked Kate's backstory but I noticed that her mom is played by one of the aunts from Sabrina The Teenage witch.(You know, that show we all watched but were too ashamed to admit it)

However, I've a feeling that that is not Walt on the other computer? Anyone else feel the same?

Average!
    Opinions on new voting system? Better or worse?

I quite liked this episode .. from now on, the series just gets better and better with just one or two (in my opinion) weak episodes in the next 9 or so.

Good!
    JBoyle4eva wrote:
    However, I've a feeling that that is not Walt on the other computer? Anyone else feel the same?

It might be someone messing with them although it would be good if it was Walt, there were be punishment for breaking the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Good!
    I know this contributes nothing but, what the hell is going on?
    A guardian horse(?) and "Dad?"

Brilliant episode.

Good!
    Son Goku wrote:
    I know this contributes nothing but, what the hell is going on?
    A guardian horse(?) and "Dad?"

Brilliant episode.

Not sure i understand what youre saying

Average!
    iFight wrote:
    It might be someone messing with them although it would be good if it was Walt, there were be punishment for breaking the rules

Yeah I have a feeling its not Walt aswell, I think its probably the "others". I was wondering if the message was sent from inside the hatch or somewhere else because how would the computers be connected if it was somewhere else.

Good!
    You never kno what can hapopen on that island tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Bad!
    Don't you find Locke and Mr. Eko to be very alike. They both obviously know more than there letting on imo

yes..very similar. It's like having 2 Locke's..men of few words and lots of knowing looks. Only, Locke's face is a bit more cheerful, he seems to have a permanent grin on his face these days. Mr Eko is deadly serious. But very cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Faith wrote:
    On a completely unrelated note, I flicked on the TV earlier and what was on? Dharma and Greg! Lol.

hilarious, do you think the tv networks are behind this crazy scheduling? mmm, interesting
    NUTZZ wrote:
    I was wondering if the message was sent from inside the hatch
    charlie has a WAP enabled phone that he never told anyone about cuz he has nearly beat his top score on Snake 2 but doesn't want the battries mis-used.

basquille wrote:

it's a disgrace, utter disgrace, I move for a castration on Basil. I didn't even bother voting, not that i have ever voted before, but i felt more like not voting tonight due to the change in the voting system which i previously loved and was my only reason for breathing.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10

• Advertisement

Average!
    it's a disgrace, utter disgrace, I move for a castration on Basil. I didn't even bother voting, not that i have ever voted before, but i felt more like not voting tonight due to the change in the voting system which i previously loved and was my only reason for breathing.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10
    I'll mark it down as 'Good!' so... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

Good!
    iFight wrote:
    Not sure i understand what youre saying
    Just that the show has me confused again and wanting more.
    Today's episode was an example of great television.

Average!
    I posted a link to the promo for the next episode here if anyone wants to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Bad!
    marie_85 wrote:
    Anyone else think Kate's backstory was a bit too predictable? The same with Ana-Lucia last week. After about thirty seconds I blurted out 'She's a cop who killed someone.' I had pretty much worked out Kate's story last season.
    Did you work out she was
    pregnant? That caught me by surprise, I was expecting she accidently shot a kid or something
    As for it not being Walt, I'd love next week's episode to open with Michael typing "Walt?" and the reply being "Oh sorry, you must be a different Michael".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    I liked Kate's backstory but I noticed that her mom is played by one of the aunts from Sabrina The Teenage witch.(You know, that show we all watched but were too ashamed to admit it)

Yeah. Poor Zelda has aged a bit... hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Good!
    NUTZZ wrote:
    Yeah I have a feeling its not Walt aswell, I think its probably the "others". I was wondering if the message was sent from inside the hatch or somewhere else because how would the computers be connected if it was somewhere else.

I was thinking that it might be able to connect through that cable that Sayid tripped over when he found the French woman. Speaking of which, where the hell is she? and where's desmond. have we seen the french woman at all this series?!
    I think desmond might show up now that there's a bit of craic starting with the computer and the button

• Advertisement

Good!
    nachos wrote:
    I think desmond might show up now that there's a bit of craic starting with the computer and the button

Ye, Desmond was cool, theyve left him out for too long, dont have a clue where Rouseau is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

basquille wrote:

I'm glad you asked. I came in here to vote the episode a 9 only to find my plans scuppered by a vocal minority of Lost agitators! What the hell do I do now? Vote good? This episode was better than good. But brilliant? That's just too much. Bring back the numbers I say, I mean, c'mon, numbers and Lost, it doesn't take a genius to work out that the two go together.

Anyway, last night's episode. Very good. Glad we got Kate's backstory sorted out. I thought the scenes with Sawyer and Kate, Jack and Anna Lucia, and Eko and Locke were done very well. Hell, I'd go as far as to say that this was the best episode of the season so far.

I still maintain that Mr. Eko is like something that stepped out of a comic book and doesn't belong on the show.

I'm also surprised that people were surprised it was Walt at the other end of the computer although I do agree that this could be a trap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Good!
    nachos wrote:
    I was thinking that it might be able to connect through that cable that Michael tripped over when he found the French woman.

Wasn't that Sayid?

basquille wrote:

Better.
    Like Eko's line "Don't mistake coincidence with faith" is the type of thing you'd hear Locke say.

It's Fate!

Good!
    basquille I have an idea for you.

Nearly once in every thread you always tell people to go to the US discussion thread of the episode in discussion here to see what they noticed. Well maybe in the very first post where you give the synopsis maybe just put a link to the US discussion thread, or maybe just edit it in when the episode is over or something

BTW here is the link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054856974

Average!
    basquille I have an idea for you.

Nearly once in every thread you always tell people to go to the US discussion thread of the episode in discussion here to see what they noticed. Well maybe in the very first post where you give the synopsis maybe just put a link to the US discussion thread, or maybe just edit it in when the episode is over or something
    I mentioned doing this a while back but thought people might be a bit tempted to flick through it before they;ve seen the episode so i might try it next week with a warning that there's major spoilers (with no spoiler tags) in the thread!

Mixed opinions on voting.. i'm torn with what to do! :D

What about a 1 star to 5 star system instead?

• Advertisement

Good!
    basquille wrote:
    Mixed opinions on voting.. i'm torn with what to do! :D

What about a 1 star to 5 star system instead?

What are the other options?

Surely any system would do the job;)

Average!
    iFight wrote:
    Surely any system would do the job;)
    Not with the fussy feckers around here! :rolleyes:

Next week... i'm gonna try a dead budgie system.

For every star you vote an episode.. i'm gonna kill a budgie, how's that?! :eek:
    (just kidding to those in Animals / Pet Issues)

Good!
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Average!
    The new system's fine, stick with it. Or maybe use the Lost numbers as ratings again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

agamemnon wrote:
    Or maybe use the Lost numbers as ratings again?

ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Average!
    Out of curiosity was there any particular reason they had to cut up the second reel that eko brought. I mean you see them cutting and taping up the films together to show the missing section. Why not play the one eko brought from start to finish on its own?

Good!
    just so they could show Eko the whole thing, and now theyd have it in full for anyone, i suppose, dont see another reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Average!
    I prefer the 1-10 rating system :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Average!
    The computer must be some soirt of a trap, something's obviously going to happen if the guy on the video said there could be another 'incident' if it was used for anything other than inputting the numbers.

Good!
    Jello wrote:
    It's Fate!
    Oh ya :p

Basq, I think this is better than the numbers, but I think you should put a 'Very Good' between Good and Brilliant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement