Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 2X09 - "What Kate Did" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thought the whole "Ghost/Horse" thing was a bit weak.

But the ending was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

The bit that made the episode for me
    Hurley:
    "So, Rose's husband is white.
    I didn't see that one coming."

I heart Hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Average!
    I think there has been far too little Hurley exposure in season 2. The man is a Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

Average!
    Enjoyed that epsisode, was very interesting.

The incident that the fella on the video is talkin about, what incident? Is it the incident that the french woman was apart off?

While the video was telling us about the incident micheal was messing about with the computer, that put the ****s up me.

Why was desmond constantly injecting himself when there seems to be absolutely nothin wrong with the people in the hatch now? I suppose they'll be needing that injection after the end of last nights episode.

Did anyone notice the no.'s appearance, there was 23 seconds left on the clock when jack and locke arrived at the hatch after kate left and kate's father was in korea for 4 months when her mother got pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Ok I get most things in lost but one thing that really drove me mad in this episode what mentioned above by someone else...

Why in the hell did they cut up the reel that eko found? They didnt even try to watch it first to decide what was on it and from there decide to add it to the other reel. This made no sense to me at all and is bugging the hell out of me!! :confused:

Average!
    I think i actually missed that part on cutting up the film, i think i was concentrating more on the expression of eko's face. He did not look happy. As if he made a mistake giving locke the film. I don't know, it was weird. I also think there was another meaning to eko's biblical story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Silage wrote:
    Why was desmond constantly injecting himself
    I presume that was to keep him awake.

Average!
    Slurms wrote:
    I presume that was to keep him awake.

Then why did he bring the bottles with him if i recall correctly, he doesn't need to stay awake anymore does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I think they just have similar personalities. Like Eko's line "Don't mistake coincidence with faith" is the type of thing you'd hear Locke say.

No, he said "Don't mistake coincidence for Fate", which means he Eko thinks it could be a coincidence and Locke thinks it's fate. They are both mysterious enough, but they are quite different.

I love the way he was talking about the book being the Old Testament before he gave it to Locke and then it turned out to be film. I must go back and watch that bit again, because he wouldn't have said all that stuff if it wasn't important.

Unfortunately I missed the beginning so I probably missed one or two bits of Kate's Flashback. Did it show her killing the guy or is he in it at all? The first bit I saw is where she's talking to her Mam and says she won't see her for a while.
    I know she didn't like who her father turned out to be, but she must be seriously reckless at times. I mean I thought that she might be a bit impulsuve but altogether good. But really, I don't think she feels as guilty as she should, she just seems worried, more than like "O my God I murdered someone, how am I ever going to live with myself?". I think she thinks it was an ok thing to do. Maybe not though.

Also, was Sawyer possessed there for a while?
    Or was that him being delirious? Maybe thinking about that guy he killed?
    Or Kate imagining things? No, he did end up out of the bed so he must have actually gone for her throat.

I think the supposed Walt/Michael conversation is weird. Because whether or not it was Walt or the people who took him, it's hard to imagine these people who creep around the jungle wearing no shoes and leaving no tracks, chatting on a computer. I mean of course it's possible, and the LOST survivors are in te same jungle on a computer, but it's just so hard to imagine them being on the other end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Average!
    I thouht Kate's mum was Zelda. It sounded a lot like her but looked totally different! Sticking with Kate, her backstory didn't give much info but it was quite good. I loved the bit with her and Sawyer in the bunker with Wayne talking through Sawyer. The black horse thing is kinda cool too.

I'm lovin Mr Eko and Locke! The story Mr Eko told was cool, but the tape didn't give much other info. Why would someone destroy that part of the tape? hmmm...

and the bit with Michael on the computer at the end! :eek: I'm not sure if it was Walt or not but either way, Walt is different. Perhaps the others changed him into..an other! hahaha :p I don't think so but somethings going on.

When Mr Eko said "don't mistake coincidence for fate", I thought that he stole Terry O'Quinns line, and that Locke was meant to say that! :D

But get this...Season TWO:
    TWO men of fate (Mr Eko and Locke)
    TWO 'hatches' on the two sides of the island
    TWO sets of couples (Kack, Kate, Sawyer, Ana) we don't know how thats gonna end up

...darn i thought I was going somewhere with this. I had more...haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Good!
    Fridge wrote:
    No, he said "Don't mistake coincidence for Fate", which means he Eko thinks it could be a coincidence and Locke thinks it's fate.
    Never thought about it that way actually.
    But Locke was the one who was saying 'what are the odds' which makes it sound like coincidence, so I think Eko was saying that it wasn't a coincidence, but fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Good!
    I think I get Lost now. The whole point is Dharma are doing highly illegal experiments and the way they do their work is by crashing people onto their island and getting them to do it for them (explains the whole "don't do anything else with the computer).

That was my favourite episode ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Never thought about it that way actually.
    But Locke was the one who was saying 'what are the odds' which makes it sound like coincidence, so I think Eko was saying that it wasn't a coincidence, but fate.

No. When Locke said, "What are the odds?" he means the odds are second to none, like it has to be fate. It's what most people mean when they use that phrase. And then clearly what Eko said is in disagreement with this.

Average!
    Well the odds of them finding each other and the extra tape on an island is pretty high i would say. Especially when your on a quest of finding out what the hell is going on, as in lockes case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Average!
    I think I get Lost now. The whole point is Dharma are doing highly illegal experiments and the way they do their work is by crashing people onto their island and getting them to do it for them (explains the whole "don't do anything else with the computer).

That was my favourite episode ever.

My theory on who "the others" are... If Dharma were doing experiments on animals, whats to say they weren't doing experiments on people as well? This could explain the super strength of the others and their lack of morality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happydaz

ooo that's a good point....but the only thing is, they did seem to have some morality-i mean remember when your man said to anna lucia that they were only takig the good one-they could just eb saving the good ones....

also would lost be better if sligos aine featured?:D

Advertisement