Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

won't switch off

Options
  • 10-04-2006 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

hi all

my right indicator light won't switch off even when i take out the keys. Does anybody know what may be the prioblem here ?
    Will this cause my battery to run down if so what should i do?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Do you have an alarm? If so, try turning it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

yes there is an alarm, tried to switch it off but makes no diference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I know what this is it happened to me - you dont have an Astra by any chance.

Ok follow this. Find the fuse box. There is a little fuse type box called a ticker - it makes the indicators flick on and off, mind came loose and cause the indicator to stay when i pushed it back it the indicator went back to normal. There is two boxes beside each other on the fuse box, one for each side.

Its like a fuse but its not its slightly bigger than the fuses, get out the manual. What car have you.

Finally something I know

good luck with this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

You don't mention that this might really annoy other drivers and also that it is dangerous.

Or do you have sense and you aren't driving it like this? :D

Thanks for the reply. My car is a ford focus.It doesent have a book with it.

Would anybody perchance know where the ticker fuse box is in a focus ?

• Advertisement

It should be under the steering wheel or behind the glove box.

For the Astra its under the steering wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Dunno about the focus, but on my fiesta there's 2 fuse boxes. 1 under the bonnet on the top-right hand side as you stand in front of it, under a black plastic cover. This has a number of fuses and larger relays and stuff. Then there's another one to the right of the steering wheel. You pull off a plastic panel with a cubby hole type space in it and the fuse box is behind.

Perhaps the focus has a similar layout?

Ok follow this. Find the fuse box. There is a little fuse type box called a ticker - it makes the indicators flick on and off, mind came loose and cause the indicator to stay when i pushed it back it the indicator went back to normal. There is two boxes beside each other on the fuse box, one for each side

You were spot on with this , followed your instructions and it worked

cheers again

golfdiva wrote:
    You were spot on with this , followed your instructions and it worked

cheers again

Yeah I cant believe I got something right for once.

I am no mechanic no electrican - it just goes to show that knowing a bit about cars helps. Imagine if you had to have taken that to a Ford dealer, some people would, your talking 40e for labour for one hour.

At least you can know pass the wisdom on to others

Advertisement