Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi TV

• 10-04-2006 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

Is the aldi LCD on sale on the 13th any good?

Looks like it has good stats but i know bloody nothing about tv's.

http://www.aldi.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have a look at the lcds at www.komplett.ie

i'd look for the lg or the samsungs...i like both those brands, they both make quality lcds.

the aldi tv? was a good deal when they ran it a year ago, now better makes are an equivalent price, i wouldn't touch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

I bought Aldi's 32" LCD TV last time it was on (mid 2005 I think).

It's pretty decent, and I'm very happy with it. Common wisdom is that the current Samsungs are better value for money however, and if I was buying again, I'd strongly consider one of those instead.

Some limitations of the Aldi model: dual tuner only supports picture-in-picture, not picture-beside-picture; the native resolution is only 1024 x 768, internally scaled to 1366 x 768, so text can be slightly blurry if your PC is set for 1366 x 768; some concerns about the completeness of the HD support as well, though this hasn't affected me at all.

There is some more info here, along with links to very lengthy UK and German threads discussing it. (You'll almost certainly be put off after reading them, but take it all with a pinch of salt. It IS a decent TV.)

it's not that it's a bad tv, i'm sure it's quite good, i just think it was a good deal the last time they ran it, everyone has dropped their prices, so now better tv's are available at the same price...

aldi should have dropped the price, that would have made this a decent buy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Thanks for the info, i've heard that samsung are very good and cheap so i may go with them.

Is komplett the best place to buy tvs?

Not the best person to answer that for you I'm afraid, i just moved back to ireland after 6 years living in the states, but I've bought a good bit off komplett since i got back and been happy, i know someone who bought a samsung from komplett and is happy out. they are definitely cheapest, the tv will come from holland though, so you may have a few days wait for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,953 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

DID have a very nice Viewsonic 32 inch lcd for sale at a reasonable 999, its HD ready and I've read one or two decent reviews on it.

Cheers

Snake ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Is komplett the best place to buy tvs?
    P+P is €163 for these sized LCD's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Cool, was looking at komplett, very good range.

Advertisement