Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Server Faces

Options
  • 10-04-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hey im new to this area of the forum. Im currently studying computer programming and have a question. has anyone used jsf before?? If so was it difficult? I will be adding to, deleting and reading from a db. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

I was on the JSR for v1.0, so I know a little bit about it.

It's really, really easy to use: it uses pretty strong separation of the parts of MVC-2, i.e. you describe the UI in the JSP using the tags, and bind these to the backend using the VBL (value-binding language - similar to JSTL but using # instead of $), so you really define your UI and your data access separately.

One thing, though. Using tooling generally automates this stuff, so get hold of some tools that allow you to drag & drop onto your page.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Thanks bpmurray. Doesnt seem to be many people familiar with it.

Advertisement