Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any il2/Pacific fighter Sim fans here ?

Options
  • 10-04-2006 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Just wondering as there's no Sim forum..I see they re-released this game with all the add-ons/patches on a DVD for only 20 euro..
    Super game for anyone who doesn't have it already..I've been playing it for about 3 years.
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Ye I got the Il-2 demo with my old gfx card, Played it at least 200 times I'd say, serious game, I've gotta find a new joystick now though. Seriously looking at this There is a nice few flight sims going with the play.com 3 for £10 deal (Il-2, Forgotten Battles,Combat Over Europe,Aces,F/A 18 Hornet). Played LockOn: Modern Air Combat aswell, looks the biz.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Best combat flight sim ever. Superb sim...highly recommended. Really well supported too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Pacific Fighters was a real let-down, more of a 'mod' than a full game. Still, nothing like firing Tiny Tims at a truck convoy :D

Played a third-party North Africa campaign for a while there with some friends, that was great fun.

The X-52 is fantastic, Komplett are doing it for €99.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Played it since the first release, but i fell away about a year ago and just cant face the learning curve i need to hold my own online again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

I boxed up my x52 and my PC when i was moving house. I've since un-boxed the PC but the X52 and IL-2/PF have yet to be connected. I too can't face the humiliation.
    I'm hooked on Silent Hunter 3 at the mo.......nice and peacefull sea warfare will have to do before i decide to take to the air again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually the dvd version is now only 14.99 in PC World !!!!
    Pacific Fighters was a let down initially but the free updates have made it a classic.
    New PE-2 addons and Luft 46 comming soon too :D
    I've got the X45 and it's fab..as for the learning curve a good joystick is half the battle oh and finding the fix tail lock key too for taking of and landing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I have the X45 but i only ever used the throttle unit, the stick was way too clunky for me so i stuck to me good old afterburner II

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

just ordered the uber package from play.com should get it in a few days.

Whats muiltplayer like?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Excellent...really enjoyed it. Played it for years on end until middle of last year where I just kind of lost the will to play any more.

Make sure you download hyperlobby . Its where the community mainly plays.

Advertisement