Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamper's wet dream!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So the moral of this story is ......CYCLE!Its good for the environment,mega cheap and you can skiddadle home quickly by weaving in and out of the traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Cycling is good, although it would be nice if they could put some covered bike racks around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Yep, this is one of the reasons why I'm glad I walk to college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

cycling wudnt work for me i live in malahide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

DaveMcG wrote:
    Clamping is one of the stupidest things ever...

A car is causing an obstruction -- I know, let's LOCK the car in the place so that it takes longer to clear the obstruction!

Ingenius idea.

They should raise the fine to like €200 or somethin like that. What's it now, like €80? Sure ye lose that runnin for the bus! 200 yippos and most people will continue to obey the parking regulations, only, those who don't won't be made to stay in the offending spot until someone arrives.

Shoulda just keyed the sh*t out of the cars instead, now that I think of it....

I agree clamping is stupid, and the cost of the system far outweighs the benifits of having it. why not have a computerised system(i know it could cost a lot to set up but isn't that why we pay taxes) where a car causing the obstruction is given a ticket say for €150, if it isn't payed within a month or two you get 2 points on your licence and still have to pay the fine, not payed after say 6 months car is repo'd. everytime you reoffend the cost of the fine climbs.

this way once the owner comes back to his/her car it can be moved and clear up the obstruction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Hermione* wrote:
    Yep, this is one of the reasons why I'm glad I walk to college!
    Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Noelie wrote:
    if it isn't payed within a month or two you get 2 points on your licence

Impossible to do. The registered owner of the car might not be the person who parked it illeglly. So how would you know who should get the points on their licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It happened again today at the library circus carpark by the chapel. An entire row of cars , and that twat that blocked me in on friday was right in the middle (hehehe) . And some very attractive and upset girls standing there in disbelief.

So I talked to KingKlamp as I was leaving (head of services guy) who said that the cars he clamped yesterday in those photos started kicking up a fuss saying they pulled in first

Grimes - "you with services?"
    KingKlamp- "yea"
    Grimes-"there is an entire row of cars back here blocked in by some muppets"
    Kingklamp-"yeah i know, happened over there and there was murder cause I clamped the cars"
    Grimes-"Wa?"
    Kingklamp- explain yesterdays sit"
    Grimes - "Jaysus"
    KingKlamp -" How hard is it for third level students to grasp the concept of straight lines"
    Grimes -"Well thats a bit unfair .. its not.."
    Kinglamp -"Third Level Students, straight lines, crazy , wait untill this is all over the student papers next week"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Noelie wrote:
    I agree clamping is stupid, and the cost of the system far outweighs the benifits of having it. why not have a computerised system(i know it could cost a lot to set up but isn't that why we pay taxes)

Would you trust this government to impliment any kind of electrical system whatsoever?!?? I bloody wouldn't! :eek:

But yer, some sort of alternative system to clamping would be of benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Like what Dave, keying the cars instead? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Don't remember where it was but instead of clamping they stuck this dirty big sticker to the windscreen of the car that had to be painstakingly washed off. I'd say the type of tosser that couldn't give a **** where they park would hate that and I'd enjoy watching them have to do it, everyone wins:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

faigs wrote:
    Like what Dave, keying the cars instead? :rolleyes:
    I'm pleased to see that this idea is getting some momentum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlutterinBantam
    Or their daddy's will..... freakin shower of Whankhers

Quote besty
    What an idiotic thing to say

Not as idiotic as freakin students who "abandon " their cars and then start whinging when the good guys clamp them......

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

humbert wrote:
    Don't remember where it was but instead of clamping they stuck this dirty big sticker to the windscreen of the car that had to be painstakingly washed off.
    They put big dirty stickers on their windows aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Scraggs wrote:
    my friend got clamped and had her laptop stolen

what a bad day!!

where did the laptop get stolen from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

In pay parking today. Booo. Stupid driving, you can never have a lie in with this place.

Advertisement