Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

painfully slow

Options
  • 10-04-2006 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Boards.ie has been very, very slow for me the last two weeks, anyone else or is it just me? when connecting to other sites, it's normal, just boards.ie is painfully slow.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've only noticed a slow-down in the last couple of days really. This particular page for this thread was apparently generated in 0.35512 seconds, but took about 4 seconds to appear (in Firefox 1.5).

Still, and all and anyways... could be far worse ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No I notice it too. I am using Firefox 1.5.0.1 but it happens in IE as well. It is really slow, and I hate when you end up doing double posts because of it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Me too. I got the technical difficulties/mail to admins page twice today so far. FF or IE, both slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Its coming, honestly, its coming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

what? the apocolypse? :D Is the problem to do with too many users online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Today was the worst day for me, otherwise not too bad. No worries regi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Snails pace lately

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Sometimes you can quicken up the load of things if you adblock a few items

But I know for a fact the admins hate the word Adblock :)

Therefore I'm not going to tell you what to Adblock :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

An even better way to speed it up (and yes i have actually been sad enough to do this) is to use Lynx.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

beaker: Page generated in 18.69927 seconds with 11 queries

*koff*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its very hit and miss, lunchtimes are bad but with 1000 users thats not a surprise.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

The site is terribly slow, even at the best of times. I use Firefox 1.5 myself and I do sometimes get database connection errors. But what seems to be happening to me the most is HTTP Timeout errors with the webserver on boards.ie just timing out and that bugs me the most.

I blame either the webserver, the database server or vBulletins lousey coding.
    I wonder, would InvisionPowerboard not have been a better system to have used on boards?

Oh and if it is of any relevence, I block star-adserver.com at the firewall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

yeah pretty slow for me lately... what's causing the slowness? server troubles or something? don't mean to offend here, but does boards not bring in enough revenue/get enough traffic to warrant investing in better equipment or support?

Or is that what you're talking about is coming, Regi? ¬_¬

Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

It's been very hit and miss the last couple of weeks. Going from dreadfully slow to page timeouts to flying along. I'm sorry to say I browse boards a hell of a lot less now because it just get's to infuriating:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

its been very slow the last couple of weeks alright but thought it was just me! lol! using IE in work and FF at home and both are as slow as each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Yeah, I thought I was the only one too. I'm using Firefox and I've found the site crippling slow at times (up to 2 minutes for a page to load)

Ah I'm sure the Boards techie gods will sort it out soon! :)

Advertisement