Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ActionScript 2.0 Please help driving me mad

Options
  • 10-04-2006 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am working on a college project and trying to use an external .as file which I have written however in the linkage box, see attachement, I cant get the AS 2.0 class active, where i type the name of my AS file. I realise this is college work and people are slow to "do other peoples work on boards" but i know myself this is silly and trivial, i have spent the last 90 minutes going through notes and the web and cant come up with answer, its really delaying me now.

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TheMoralist

Its possible that you have your publish settings on Actionscript 1, not 2, In which case you cant associate a class with an MC in this way. Go to File, Publish settings, flash tab and make sure its on AS2.0 ( I think thats right - sorry dont have flash on this pc). Note you'll have to set it to Flash player 6.0 or higher too...

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Found the problem, even though I was using flash 8 I started the project in Flash MX, so some options did not become enabled until i saved the project again in flash 8, because technically it was still a MX file. so much time wasted on something so simple.

Advertisement