Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What codec for this film

• 10-04-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I downloaded an ep of Buffy (:rolleyes:) from this site and the frigging file won't open. I'm on XP and have tried all my different media players
    QT 7.0.3
    Mediaplayer 10
    Divx player 6.1
    AVI Movie Player 4.8.
    I've no probs with other files, just this one and it's driving me nuts. I mailed the owner and he just said it's a Divx file. I deleted it and downloaded it agagin in case it got corrupted or something, no joy.

Can anyone explain why it won't work?

-snip-
    Note, downloading is VERY slow!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

GSpot will tell you what codec it uses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks but Gspot wouldn't render it. I'll keep at it - hopefully it breaks before me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dubdumber

Try VideoLAN player, has played everything i've ever thrown at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Does Gspot give you any info about it?

If VideoLAN and Gspot both can't open it, it's probably corrupt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Ask : ryan[at]ducksarecool.com ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

locked and banned - read the rules

Advertisement