Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi error message

Options
  • 10-04-2006 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

hey all,

my audi a4 has an error message, under the milage where u can set and reset your recent journey milage it says In2 - when you start travelling it gos away, yet every time u start the car it comes on,

anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

brightkane wrote:
    hey all,

my audi a4 has an error message, under the milage where u can set and reset your recent journey milage it says In2 - when you start travelling it gos away, yet every time u start the car it comes on,

anyone any ideas?

Hi
    Try here http://www.audiforums.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

We have a VW Golf and we get that when we start.

I think it means it's due a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

quon wrote:
    We have a VW Golf and we get that when we start.

I think it means it's due a service.

In2 = Inspection 2 = full service required
    it should tell you in the owners manual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

cheers, it got a full service from a local garage, but i will bring it to a main dealer to check it all out.

wasnt in the hayes manual, but cheers for the help

its also beeping 3 times when i cold start her after being left for a nite - but seems to be ok - might be the battery u reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pwee

As far as i know that beeping is the service message. If you got it serviced of a non audi garage they may have not been able to turn of the message. I thought that on audi and vw u could rest the service message manually anyway this is scant info rather than advice:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What year is the A4? On some models you can reset the service interval display yourself. You can reset it on all VWs. But late 1990s & early 2000s model Audis do not allow a manual reset. If it can be reset it will describe the operation in the owners manual. You say you recently got it serviced - part of the service is resetting the indicator - ask your service agent to do this - he should not charge you.

Do the 3 beeps only happen on very cold mornings or on every cold start?

Advertisement