Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Gate Key

Options
  • 10-04-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to make a copy of an electronic gate key (infra red kind).

We only got one with our apartment and is most awkward because there are two of us living here.

I'm hoping there is a way to copy the signal to another keyring to use?
    Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask the management company after all, its meant to be secure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

if it is in fact an infrared remote... you could easily get an ipaq or other such pda which all have IR learning software... put it in learning mode... point your remote at it and press the button... it now knows how to open your gate.

I have electronic gates on my house but they are radio controlled and I could do with another couple of remotes as we have broken a good few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

You can even get watches that will open it if it's infa red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Check if it's infrared by blocking the signal by putting your hand infront of it and trying to open the gate. If the gate still opens its probably a radio key which are much harder to get duplicates for. You can get them on teh web though, like here:
    http://www.aaaremotes.com/genie.html

one of these should do the trick!

Advertisement