Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw golf suspension clunks

Options
  • 10-04-2006 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi, i've a 92 golf that makes loud clunking noises if i hit pothole say. sounds like a hammer hit. the shocks are fine and it sailed through the nct. any ideas? cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could be the top shock mountings. This is where the shocks mount to the body - I've seen a few of these go on Golfs of that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭beyondrapid

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 tigerman

When they nct tehy basically check the performanc of the car but primarily they check the rebound only and not the bumb performance.

It sounds like your shock offers no assistance to quick compression and hence the shock is bottoming out.

Advertisement