Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutchy Holland on Sky News

• 10-04-2006 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the interview? If so what do ya reckon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

gah, didn't know it was on today...

will it be repeated?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Was it Sky News Ireland or just Sky News...?

I'd imagine Ireland, since he's not of any significance in Britain (is he?), and if it were just Sky News it'd be repeated over and over all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I was just about to start a new topic on the subject when I spotted this.
    Allegedly this guy has been paid a five figure sum by Sky for the "interview".
    An absolute disgrace that people like this can make money (indirectly) from crime.....
    I know its tough to police however I think there should be some law stopping people like this making money from interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

They ran about 15mins on Diet Sky Ireland and just short clips on Full Fat Sky UK.

Went to great lengths on both to emphasize that no money had changed hands, not sure whether to believe that.

He played the camera well, nearly broke down at one point, that was quickly ****ed out with the window with his declaration that he had nothing to do with Gilligan.

You'll get the repeat of SNI on Active

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

kippy wrote:
    An absolute disgrace that people like this can make money (indirectly) from crime.....
    I know its tough to police however I think there should be some law stopping people like this making money from interviews.

Sky specifically stated that he neither got a fee for the interview, or even any expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

kippy wrote:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13518324,00.html

AT the end of the page it says....
    Sky News Ireland did not pay Patrick Holland a fee for this interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Sky specifically stated that he neither got a fee for the interview, or even any expenses.
    Fair enough then.....

He was on Eamon Dunphy's breakfast show on Newstalk 106 this morning. Quite interesting. Pretty bad interview, Holland made himself seem innocent tbh, and made himself sound like a nice bloke and everythin. It's only when Veronica Guerin's brother came on after him, and pointed out the incosistencies and contradictions of his story, that we get a clearer picture.

Advertisement