Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provo Criminality

Options
2»

Comments

although i see all the usuals choose to ignore the "former" part of the description in favour of the usual republican bashing.
    You could just as easily say all the usuals are out in force with the denials...
    don't mind the fact that neither the Minister for Justice, nor the Gardai believe the IRA to be involved, sure any oul excuse to label all republicans as criminals is good enough.
    Yes but theres the view that it's simply not good enough.The IRA know who these individuals are,much as they know who is involved in criminality.They should be shopping them at this stage instead of letting their activities tarnish the reputation of Sinn Féin which is what they are doing regardless of what you might say.
    glad to see the patheticness of the anti-Republican board members is going strong.
    Give it a rest will you.Theres nothing more pathetic than attacking posters just because you cant put a bit of substance or discussion into your own post.
    If you cant beat the views of people you oppose, you shouldnt reply at all otherwise you're only strengthening their views to be honest with you by replying in the vacant narrow way that you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Earthman wrote:
    Yes but theres the view that it's simply not good enough.The IRA know who these individuals are,much as they know who is involved in criminality.They should be shopping them at this stage instead of letting their activities tarnish the reputation of Sinn Féin which is what they are doing regardless of what you might say.

Ah, so the IRA should turn touts, and do the gardai's work for them?
    Don't hold your breath...

By the way i don't think anybody arrested is a member of Sinn Fein but it seems you are insinuating that they are. What's up with that?

RedPlanet wrote:
    Ah, so the IRA should turn touts, and do the gardai's work for them?
    Don't hold your breath...
    Nope I'm suggesting that the IRA created these felons,the Ira should have a chat with them regarding the fact that solo runs arent acceptable.
    By the way i don't think anybody arrested is a member of Sinn Fein but it seems you are insinuating that they are. What's up with that?
    Well I was merely pointing out that when joe ordinary public hear about these activities, they associate them with the IRA and its SF that get the backlash in terms of voters who might consider them but dont.

It's one they need to sort out and suggesting its not something that they can is to ignore the reaping of what was sowed.
    Maybe they can't but then its their achilles heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

Earthman wrote:
    Nope I'm suggesting that the IRA created these felons,the Ira should have a chat with them regarding the fact that solo runs arent acceptable.

On the basis of past incidences i'd say that today if the IRA have a "chat" with somebody they'd take it with a pinch of salt. Unless the IRA backup what they say with...kneecappings, beatings, and violence in general. But i suppose that's something you wouldn't support. So where does that leave things?
    I guess your hoping that the IRA's past actions of violence against their own will be currency enough to control renegade elements today.
    Wishful thinking i reckon.
    Earthman wrote:
    Well I was merely pointing out that when joe ordinary public hear about these activities, they associate them with the IRA and its SF that get the backlash in terms of voters who might consider them but dont.
    Fair enough but joe ordinary public gets his news from "the Star", "the Sun", "the Sunday World" and all manner of puke tabloids and rubbish RTE.
    So on that basis it is a pure miracle that SF are 3 times the size of the PD's.

RedPlanet wrote:
    Fair enough but joe ordinary public gets his news from "the Star", "the Sun", "the Sunday World" and all manner of puke tabloids and rubbish RTE.
    So on that basis it is a pure miracle that SF are 3 times the size of the PD's.
    Actually Iirc one of the SW's severest SF critics Paul Williams has also used that paper to slate the current governments mess that is the health service.
    And who is the current minister for health? Yes Mary Harney.
    Who has been deputy head of this government for nearly 10 years? Yes Mary Harney.

While I'm on the subject, you dont think much of Joe publics ability to form their own opinion then?
    Regardless, thats what you are up against, the public are the majority and I guess thats democracy.

If after ten years of that, you dont get more SF seats than say the labour party , you've got to ask yourself whats wrong.Two things spring to mind (1) The association with some criminals whose genesis is within republicanism and who are still tarnishing its New image. and of course (2) policies.

This thread though is mainly to discuss number one there.
    I'll have to put it to you, that whether they are disowned or whether they are former,the tarnishing only ends when their criminality stops.

It's not easy to stop it,I know that. Actually I expect it eventually will stop to a trickle because,I'd imagine that the current Republican leadership is cleverer than the elements behind it and they know its counter productive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement