Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp Duty

Options
  • 10-04-2006 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me when you need to pay stamp duty for the purchase of a house? Is it at the time of purchase or is there a grace period to pay it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

contract signing time and your solicitor will collect it in full from you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

giggles wrote:
    Can anyone tell me when you need to pay stamp duty for the purchase of a house? Is it at the time of purchase or is there a grace period to pay it?
    make sure you pay it on the pre-vat price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Sponge Bob wrote:
    contract signing time and your solicitor will collect it in full from you then.

i signed and didnt pay anything, except the balance of 10%, i persume its paid to him pre completion, although i might tell him i dont have it but im good for it:D

giggles wrote:

30 days from the date of the Transfer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But is the solicitor not liable to stump up to the revenue once the 30 days are up, hence their entirely understandable wish to collect the stamp duty when collecting the mortgage and/or purchase funds from the purchaser :D

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    But is the solicitor not liable to stump up to the revenue once the 30 days are up

No, but if they have given an undertaking to the bank then they have to ensure the documents are stamped and registered to comply with their oblgations in the undertaking.

Advertisement