Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So HECTOR is gone from the EYE!

Options
  • 10-04-2006 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

BEST THING EVER!!!;)

To be in watching a movie and just when you're about to think to yourself "Ah not this muppet again!" a blue screen flashes up and polite albeit british (?) voice carries over easy on the ears music "Welcome to the EYE cinema... please do this that etc etc"

HECTOR's GONE!!!!:D

the new safety message thing is very simple, short and sweet as it wear, it only last 30 seconds or so... i can't remember... but hector's gone!!!!! thats all that matters!!!

I think he's still in one or two films ( a friend of mine went to see the dark the other day...he's still in that) probably because they havent had a chance to take himout but still :cool:

The new one to me though, looks a bit too simple as no thought went into it... just a picture with the EYE logo with white writing explaining the policies and voice speaking them aloud, thats it! The omniplex "vodafone presents a free rollercoaster ride" one is bloody annoying if you as me!! Still its very trippy!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thank **** he is gone. Hated that stupid thing.

Oh yeah, i forgot to create a thread on this.

I think Hector is still on some of the movies, but mostly he's gone. Apparently there's plans of convincing Hector to take a picture of him being kicked out by security and having it before the movie.

Probably wont happen though!

I can imagine the sighs of relief now, will sound a bit better than the groans

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

thanks be to f*ck although it was kinda handy for a pee break if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

thank ****

If there's one thing I hate ... it was that advert

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

yes! finally

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

One major mote out of the eye there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

One more reason to <3 the Eye more then the Omni!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

How long is the Eye open now? A year? or 2? It was time for a change (not that I dislike Hector of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Thats great,
    I've only been to the Eye four times but he had started to get to me.
    I prefer the short and simple announcment.
    Kippy

It's been open a year.

It was funny the first time I saw it, but then it just got worse and worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

eulrin wrote:
    The new one to me though, looks a bit too simple as no thought went into it... just a picture with the EYE logo with white writing explaining the policies and voice speaking them aloud, thats it!

Never.

Fupping.

Happy.

Are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I had a great sleep last night. I got up earlier, got invited to have sushi for breakfast in town, and now I read this.

Life is good.

What Simu said.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

This proves God Does answer prayers....why oh why wasn't I more ambitious?!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I may even go back to the Eye now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It's cos I emailed his agents complaining. I win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Sarky wrote:
    I had a great sleep last night. I got up earlier, got invited to have sushi for breakfast in town, and now I read this.

Life is good.

What Simu said.
    I thought Kappaya opens at 12? That's not breakfast then :p oh yeah, \o/ for Hector out of Eye cinema!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

wet-paint wrote:
    It's cos I emailed his agents complaining. I win.

You do indeed, what a spiffing idea !

If anyone else is minded

1. Agent in question.
    2. Contact Details

HTH :D

Advertisement