Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spur Steakhouse, Spur steak challenge

• 10-04-2006 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

I was in the steakhouse at the WE, with my girlfriend and a "brave" guy was attempting to do the steak challenge, basically the challenge is that you have to eat 1.8Kg of steak within 1 hour and you get it for free ( costs €65 if you fail ) .One of the staff was showing just how big the steak was, i managed to get a picture of it :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/combatcow/DSC00100.jpg

So has anyone ever try'd anything like this or do you think you could handle it ?

CC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have never tried it but i would easily eat that when im hungry really no joking.and also where are these guys based and is there another chalenge on.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Why would you try?

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Why would you try?

to eat free food:D and for the laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

drdre wrote:
    i have never tried it but i would easily eat that when im hungry really no joking.and also where are these guys based and is there another chalenge on.thanks
    It is bigger than it looks. it is 16 quarter pounders. Probably more since burgers are full of fat which all falls off. it is 4lb of meat. I might be able for 2lb. I remember once I was absolutely starving and did 1lb of sausages and 1lb of rashers and couldnt finish it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

CombatCow wrote:
    I was in the steakhouse at the WE, with my girlfriend and a "brave" guy was attempting to do the steak challenge, basically the challenge is that you have to eat 1.8Kg of steak within 1 hour and you get it for free ( costs €65 if you fail ) .One of the staff was showing just how big the steak was, i managed to get a picture of it :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/combatcow/DSC00100.jpg

So has anyone ever try'd anything like this or do you think you could handle it ?

CC

can I have a side of chips with that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

haha, yeah he had a side of chips and coleslaw with it. i didnt stay long enough to see if he finished it or not. the spur steakhouse is in liffey valley shopping center, they can only do 1 steak challenge a day and you have to ring ahead to let them know you wanna attempt it. :)

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

drdre wrote:

Liffey Valley and South Africa

rubadub wrote:
    It is bigger than it looks. it is 16 quarter pounders. Probably more since burgers are full of fat which all falls off. it is 4lb of meat. I might be able for 2lb. I remember once I was absolutely starving and did 1lb of sausages and 1lb of rashers and couldnt finish it.
    i know it looks big but if you starve for 1 day then it should be no problem at all.:rolleyes: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I have to say, that picture looks utterly unappetising.

I'd far rather a medium sirloin with pepper sauce, dry fried potatoes and a mixed salad. You can keep your super-steak of pigletry... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I have to say, that picture looks utterly unappetising.

I'd far rather a medium sirloin with pepper sauce, dry fried potatoes and a mixed salad. You can keep your super-steak of pigletry... :)

My thoughts exactly, I dunno how people can find this appealing at all, it's turning into the US here.
    Looking at the size of that steak and knowing the size of my stomach, if I do the maths it just wont go, unless you had a bulemic episode in the middle of it.

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where the trucker dies while challenging homer to the same challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Well if it tastes anything like their other steaks it would be impossible to finish. Their food really is rubbish.

Well if it tastes anything like their other steaks it would be impossible to finish. Their food really is rubbish.
    then i wouldnt eat it if the food is rubbish.the nicer it tastes the more i would eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Given that I occasionally have eaten steaks half that size as part of a full meal I wouldn't be surprised if I could finish it if I starved myself. Why would I want to though? I would much rather pay for an enjoyable meal than stuff myself for free to prove myself to strangers who really couldn't care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I couldn't do that. Definitly not in an hour anyway.

*Tripper* wrote:
    I couldn't do that. Definitly not in an hour anyway.

i would do it in 1hr if i get paid something or get a good prize

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I just don't get it.

You get to look stupid and feel ill and if you do really well you manage to not lose €65? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

there's a reason why they offer it for free if you manage to eat the whole steak, cause i'd say many people have tried and failed.
    I was away on holidays and got a 500g steak, thats about 1/4 of the spurs steak and was stuffed trying to finish it.

Not eating the day before you go will do nothing but make it harder to eat. your stomach is a set size the only way to make it bigger is to eat a little extra everyday and then it will only increase a small amount.

The smiple fact is your stomach can't hold 4lb of food at a time. for all of you who claim it will be easy, put your money where your mouth is and go try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

If I was back in Oz and it was a steak from one of the local butchers then definitely! And I'm a girl.. but over here? I don't really touch meat over here, it's tough and tasteless and gross.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement