Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House plans

Options
  • 10-04-2006 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Myself and the GF have been trying to decide on a house plan (for a build) that we both like. We had choosen one recently and when she saw it in real life and she didn't like it. For those of you that have built houses can you tell me how you came upon you house plans.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

Don't know if its in the stickies but for some good ideas try
    http://www.irish-house-plans.com

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I need plans:eek:

Any good bookshop will have loads of books full of plans. Get a couple and use them for ideas. Finlay Bros Builders in Tullamore have their own book of plans which they will send out for free if you give them a call. A bit basic but all of their plans are priced which gives you a good idea of what you can do for your budget.

I would suggest that you employ a good architecht or draftsman and come up with your own design using the ideas you get from the books. Planners tend not to like the bought plans and like to see applicants putting in a bit of effort and thought into the house they are going to build. It shows commitment.

Advertisement