Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a DVD/Divx Player

• 10-04-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a DVD/DIVX player and i am very interested in this one http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/170874/art/iisonic/ii3016pu-dvd-divx-player.html

It says it has a USB port, does that mean i could plug in my removable harddrive and play movies that are stored on that?

DIVX player! Do they play all types of files Xvid, mpg, wmv etc. or is it just divx files?

Any more info on this player or a suggesting a different player would be really helpful thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dubdumber

I have a Samsung DVD player with usb port, it doesnt let u play movies from the usb, only MP3's. It plays wmv's, divx, xvid...anything i've thrown at it!

I also have a LG DVD player which plays every format ive thrown at it. Quite a few xvids and divx's.

I don't know the model numbers, but they're both HDMI models, around €130-€150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dubdumber wrote:
    I have a Samsung DVD player with usb port, it doesnt let u play movies from the usb, only MP3's. It plays wmv's, divx, xvid...anything i've thrown at it!

I also have a LG DVD player which plays every format ive thrown at it. Quite a few xvids and divx's.

I don't know the model numbers, but they're both HDMI models, around €130-€150

any links? :o

so there are no DVD/Divx Players that have USB and allow you to watch movies off a external harddrive through the USB? :(

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I bought this from pixmania last week. I posted this in another thread in the forsale section where a guy was selling this exact model. He has now sold it btw.
    Received this from Pixmania yesterday. No problems dealing with them at all.

On first impressiond this DVDplayer looks and seems fine. I played an episode of 24 and lost (divX) from a usb pen drive with ease. No problems there, sound and picture as perfect. It's also region free out of the box so thats another good point.

I have tried DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, and also a region 2,3,and 1 and all plays fine.

Also I see that supervalue are selling a DVD recorder for €129 which also has usb support on it. Not sure if it supports divX though.

so there are no DVD/Divx Players that have USB and allow you to watch movies off a external harddrive through the USB? :(

I remember reading somewhere that the iisonic will allow this but only if the HD is FAT32.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote:
    I bought this from pixmania last week. I posted this in another thread in the forsale section where a guy was selling this exact model. He has now sold it btw.

:) Thanks for the info, so you bought it? have you had any problems playing any sort of file types?

Aquos76 wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere that the iisonic will allow this but only if the HD is FAT32.

I use my Creative Zen Sleek as a removeable harddrive(the harddrive is formatted into two partitions) and you can turn on Removable harddrive so the player acts like a removeable harddrive when plugged in, im hoping this will work. It should:

123231321.jpg

:) Thanks for the info, so you bought it? have you had any problems playing any sort of file types?
    I use my Creative Zen Sleek as a removeable harddrive(the harddrive is formatted into two partitions) and you can turn on Removable harddrive so the player acts like a removeable harddrive when plugged in, im hoping this will work. It should:

Well I have only played an episode of 24 and lost as I have stated but I also played some mp3's and they were all fine also.

With regards to you Creative Zen, I just plugged in one now and I had no joy with it, But you mentioned that you had one half set up as a removable drive, so I am guessing that it should work.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Well I have only played an episode of 24 and lost as I have stated but I also played some mp3's and they were all fine also.

With regards to you Creative Zen, I just plugged in one now and I had no joy with it, But you mentioned that you had one half set up as a removable drive, so I am guessing that it should work.

nice, thanks for your help. I think i'll go ahead and buy one :)

nice, thanks for your help. I think i'll go ahead and buy one :)

Your welcome.

I'm sure that if you buy one and it does not do as you want it to do, you would easily sell it on here. There are always users on here looking for divX players.

Advertisement