Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rain Causing Leak in Duplex Unit

Options
  • 10-04-2006 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I live in a duplex in Charlesland Wood. I've had a section of my floor badly damaged beside livingroom patio door on at least 2 occasions at significant cost after heavy rain. Water appears to come from under the floor. Ballymore has been out twice to attempt to fix the leak. Not sure yet if their latest fix has worked. Anyone else experience any water leaks from outside, major or minor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

For those in Charlesland with the wooden windows, you may want to inspect them after a heavy rainfall. About two/three weeks ago it was very wet with a strong northerly wind. We came home from work to discover that all the upper south facing windows were leaking. I can only conclude that all of our north facing windows will also leak however, I can't prove that yet as we haven't had bad weather with a southerly wind. As summer time is approaching the chances of finding out is slim and as soon as the Park is completed, the builders will be gone. My only option is to get the hose out and a ladder and soak my front windows to test for leaks. My only concern is what the neighbours will think - me on top of a ladder watering my windows. Any other suggestions would be welcome

Despite the problems we have encountered, we have to give the builders credit as they always sort them out promptly

A couple of photos are attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rofa

My last problem occured when we had driving southerly rain on Monday 13th March 2006. I could see water was coming in through one of the vents on patio door and running down inside of glass - not just a trickle but flowing. If this was the only source of the leak that damaged the wood floor then not sure how it travelled from bottom of patio door to come up from under floor.

Anyway - I put masking tape on vent to hopefully prevent water coming in under very adverse conditions. I intend to test it with the hose too. Must solve this before redoing floor for the third!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dublingirl

I'm having probs with water leaking under the patio doors in an apartment in the Park. Don't think the builder knows how to fix as has so far taken the tiles off the step and used silicon twice but still problem not sorted. Fortunately I noticed before I layed the wooden floors. Anybody got any suggestions on how to rectify?

Advertisement