Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone nicked my bike :-(

Options
  • 10-04-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Some no good lowdown, rotten piece of scum broke into my apartment block bike shed and nicked my bike. I'm guessing they picked mine as the lock was the weakest looking of the lock, and from what I found of it, it didn't take them long to get thru it..

Anyway, I'm looking to replace it. It wasn't anything special, in fact it was cheap crap. I'm basically looking for a bit of advice on what to look for. I only cycle to and from work/gym, couple of miles worth. Budget of about 150-200 euro, so obviously willing to go second hand for something half decent.. The main problem I found with my old one was the 'suspension', and it was quite heavy..

Thanks,

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hard luck. keep an eye in the general FS forum, or put a wanted in. Was the old one front suspension or the pretty useless (on a cheap bike) back one?
    or find out when the next garda auction is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

It was dual suspension, front and back. I'm not too pushed about getting one with suspension again tbh, as I did notice a lot of my energy being absorbed by it. Something simple, but not too heavy would be nice..

Anyone know when the garda auction is?

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Kev. Sorry about that. My one got nicked at Clonsilla station last Sunday morning. My fault for leaving it there. It was worth about 50 euros but was more worth to myself and was a great little bike. I got a brilliant mountain bike at Humphries bike shop in Finglas. 170 euros new with mudguards. U won't go wrong there.

Advertisement