Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a multi region dvd player

• 11-04-2006 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey every one I was wondering can any one tell me where I can get a multi region dvd player that is already multi region capable. I was fooled into thinking that the sharp DV-SV90H was multi region or at least capable but its not. ( yes i am stupid)Would appreciate the help thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

samsung hd-850, multi region, plays divx, does pal/ntsc, not region free out of box, but hacking it is easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/lvw_5045/lvw_5045.htm

Does all regions, all standards, and it's a recorder too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Hot-Iceee

Thanks for that but i think that is a little out of my league. i dont think i need a recorder well it wud be nice but i was hopin to stay in budget of €100. if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,953 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Argos have 2 Multi-region players in their catalog page 316

Bush at 44.99 and a Acoustic solutions for 49.99

Powercity have a Futura model at 54.95 and a Walker player for 49.99

They are all advertised as multi-region, so I would take it back if they are not already multi-region or cannot be converted easily. Also if you were thinking of the Samsung 850 that machines manufactured this year have a firmware which does not allow earlier handset hack to work.

Cheers

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Hot-Iceee

Thanks for that

• Advertisement

Argos have 2 Multi-region players in their catalog page 316

Bush at 44.99 and a Acoustic solutions for 49.99

Powercity have a Futura model at 54.95 and a Walker player for 49.99

They are all advertised as multi-region, so I would take it back if they are not already multi-region or cannot be converted easily. Also if you were thinking of the Samsung 850 that machines manufactured this year have a firmware which does not allow earlier handset hack to work.

Cheers

Snake ;)

have a search on google, that firmware is replacable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kkennedy

Most DVD Players have a Hack to make them region free.
    Look in the stickys to see which players and buy one of them.
    I bought a player in Lidl which I made region free by pressing a combination of buttons on the remote.

have a look at www.videohelp.com

Advertisement