Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new graphic card ?

Options
  • 11-04-2006 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all,

As you can see i was running a 9800pro up until a while ago, the Artic cooler i was using got clogged up with dust and the card went puff. For the time iam back to a 64mb card i had lying around.

I haven't really keep up with things PC wise in a while and just need a bit of info on whats on offer GFX wise at the moment.

Iam not a huge gamer but like my WoW and CS so anyone make any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Are you AGP or PCI-E?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Are you AGP or PCI-E?

if memory serves me right that's an AGP board that's in his sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

Yup tis AGP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well if he had a 9800 its obviously agp....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I asked a similar question a while back .. I've still got my 9800pro ...

basically the best bang for buck would seem to be the 6800GS ... but you're talking around the 250 mark ...

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=317265

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Theres an X800 GTO for around the 170 mark on komplett. If you're not willing to spend too much, i'd say thats your best bet.

Theres an X800 GTO for around the 170 mark on komplett. If you're not willing to spend too much, i'd say thats your best bet.

hehe ... everytime someone asks about a graphics card at the moment I immediately start thinking ... Oblivion :D so yeah a lower end card would be good as well ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The x800GTO may be moderately "low end" in comparison to something like a 7900 but to be honest for 170 it's still a superb card. It runs Battlefield 2, FEAR etc on high res with all options on and can run Oblivion at high res with options on as well...now that you mention it :D

Advertisement