Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**massive Spoiler**

• 11-04-2006 2:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

This would appear to show the direction the WWE championship will be taking over the next 3 months.

From Rajah.com:

"ECW: One Night Stand will be returning to PPV on June 11th, 2006. The official promotional poster for the upcoming event has been released and it features a great deal of information regarding the show, including a major spoiler regarding an upcoming WWE storyline.

Rob Van Dam is the main person featured on the poster. Next to him are 3 smaller pictures of Triple H. It says, for the WWE Championship, Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam. The caption reads, "1 Contract forces an Ousider into the Extreme" - with the contract being RVD's "Money in the Bank" contract and the outsider being Triple H.
    "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ugh

HHH at One Night Stand = :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The crowd heat for that if the match takes place will be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Who would people on here rather have RVD challenge? Triple H or Cena? I cant decide...I'd love to see Cena's reaction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

If it's at one night stand, then it's gotta be triple h. Triple H is WWE, no other wrestler on raw or smackdown, not the undertaker, not angle, nobody could be a better representation of wwe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Yes I cant wait to see HHH eat some chair!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

And HHH can really step it up for what he considers to be worthwhile events. And the last "One Night Stand" was a rock, so maybe they will be looking cement it as a major event.

And add in the fact the the ECW boys love reminding people that some of the best wrestling in the world happend outside the WWE ring in different promotions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hate to break it to you but...from ProWrestling.com:
    -- As noted by PWInsider, an ECW poster going around that lists Triple H vs. RVD and Sabu as confirmed for the second "One Night Stand" PPV was not officially issued by WWE (it was put together by a fan). Nonetheless, most within WWE believe the plan is still for RVD to challenge HHH for the title at the show.

The main event for One Night Stand is not a foregone conclusion as Pro Wrestling Torch newsletter reported:
    John Cena may be headlining against Rob Van Dam at the ECW PPV this summer as part of a plan to turn him full-fledged heel soon after. Originally, the widespread believe in WWE was that Triple H would want to headline the ECW PPV as a heel against ECW's own RVD in a title defense. However, because Hunter may be turned babyface, they don't want to put Hunter in a position to be booed badly by an ECW crowd since it could be too fresh in people's minds when they try to turn him. Instead, the thought is Cena would get booed by nearly 100 percent, if not 100 percent, of the ECW crowd whether he enters as an "official" babyface or heel, and that could be used as a further impetus for his eventual change in attitude to full-fledged heel. A dark horse candidate is Edge, who could win the title at Backlash and headline against RVD at the ECW PPV.

Make your own minds up. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sure thats all specualtion, and full of ifs, buts and maybes. Fact is, no one, apart from creative have any clue as to whats happening (and we all know its debatable that wwe creative have a clue about anything).

Personally, I dont think the wwe belt should be on the line at an "ECW" PPV. RVD is going to win the title eventually, butfor his crediblity, it would be better if it were to happen at Summerslam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Lets go Edge for that, I was thinking that might happen. He is gonna get heat instantly too, but probably not as much as Cena or Trips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

**** that is huge news..i dunno what way to take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Heard that rumour even before he won the MITB that he would use the title shot at the ECW PPV. And it was hinted in RVD's promo on the Raw after Mania. I thought he would use it against Rey (if he still has the title by then), seeing as he is from ECW too!

Where better for RVD to use the MITB and be main event than a ECW PPV, seeing as he couldn't compete last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I can imagine trips getting shot if it happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

Yeah rebel rockchick is right. there have been rumors floating around since RVD's return and his promo on post wm raw was so obvious. he said he was gona take the title to the extreme and wasn't waiting as long as edge. this storyline is in smackdown vs raw 2006. But RVD is a heel in that storline there is no way he'll be heel if he wins the title. Edge would be the best candidate, he'd have an unbelievable amount of heat and imagine the type of match he and RVD could have.

Did I hear someone say TLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think Edge would put on the best match with RVD. Cena would get the most abuse and it'd be perfect for them to turn him heel. HHH would be somewhere in between the two I think

The rumours sound good so far anyway, should be a good event. Rumours about Mick Foley, Terry Funk and Steve Corino having matches

Corino?!!!!! Thats amazing. Corino vs Triple H to determine the true King of Kings. Book it Vince!
    They should really try and get Raven to leave TNA so he can work that, he was the big name missing from last years show.
    Lance Storm should be there too since he is back wrestling again. His match with Jericho was the best match last year.

Oh yeah, don't know how I forgot this one, but I read that Dean Malenko and Benoit are lookin to have an Eddie tribute match. Finally, a dedication to Eddie that wouldn't be takin the piss

Thats great news, at last Malenko is getting in on the fun. ONS is lining up to be great, its on my birthday and the same day as the Metallica gig. Good fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if it is even half as good as last years then it will be great. just hope there is none of that WWE invasion **** like they had last year though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Agreed, the WWE thing in last years ppv are crap and unnecessary. Hopefully it will be non-existent or next to it this time around. HHH or Cena in the main event would also be something i'd be against. Maybe Edge though cause he put on a great match against Foley at WM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i think they'll keep doing a wwe invasion, just so people don't say, that pure ecw ppv was awsemoe, when are we going to get a more regular delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

kinda obvious rvd would be cashing in at this event following his match on raw this week.

Can't remember where I read this, might've been from PWTorch or PWInsider, might've been from some nobody on the net, but I heard that WWE is going to have their guys at ONS because they feel that the WWE fans who buy the ppv will be let down if it's only ECW guys....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Latest news:
    The PWTorch Newsletter reports that Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena is now very likely to take place at this year’s ECW PPV. WWE may use this to help turn Cena heel, as he is likely to get booed out of the building if he shows up, let alone wrestles a match against RVD.

The feeling for a while was that Triple H vs. RVD at the show was basically a given, however with Triple H now being more open than ever to turning face, that may not be the case.

I would love to see Cena get booed out of the building but can you imagine if they had Cena go over Van Dam clean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Latest news:

I would love to see Cena get booed out of the building but can you imagine if they had Cena go over Van Dam clean?
    You'd probably end up with a mass riot and maybe the first live murder on television. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

You'd probably end up with a mass riot and maybe the first live murder on television. :eek:

now that would make for great t.v :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

castagnoli wrote:
    Book it Vince!
    They should really try and get Raven to leave TNA so he can work that, he was the big name missing from last years show.

When was the last time you actually watched TNA? Maybe you haven't noticed that Raven hasn't been on TNA recently.

He's still under contract to them though. They let him have time off because he's got a thyroid problem that's makin him fat. But he'll be back, they still have a storyline set up for him in TNA and all

That's not stopping him working for other promotions if he wants to. His angle in TNA is pretty weak, he just keeps using the same played out crap over and over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

FX Meister wrote:
    When was the last time you actually watched TNA? Maybe you haven't noticed that Raven hasn't been on TNA recently.

unfortunately we dont all have the time to be downloading wrestling matches.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    That's not stopping him working for other promotions if he wants to. His angle in TNA is pretty weak, he just keeps using the same played out crap over and over.

A contract with TNA generally would stop you from working for WWE though

Raven is returning to TNA soon, hes gonna be involved in a story with Chrissy Hemme apparently. He is still a member of the active roster there. He is with TNA he can still work for other companies but not the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Was Hopping to see RVD and Sabu team up again but its very unlikly now. Theres alot of ECW ex. pats who were not on contract with TNA this time last year who are now. The dudley inc. spike, Rhyno. I guese theres still no chance of seeing Tazz back in the ring?

No I think Taz will fight at this one, as he seems to be the figurehead of the promotional campaign.
    Just thinking wasnt Sabu contracted to TNA last year when he appeared at ONS? Rhyno had just been fired too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Rhyno was working his 90 days when he appeared last year, so thats the difference this time.

Fozzy wrote:
    A contract with TNA generally would stop you from working for WWE though
    Sorry, but you are wrong. FACT

• Advertisement

^ Sabu at ONS last year. Give one more time a TNA guy has worked for WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

FX Meister wrote:
    Sorry, but you are wrong. FACT
    those kind of posts are completely pointless,
    unless you are going to explain why please don't post.
    this is the kind of posting thats lead to a lot of petty squabbling here.

Kid Kash wrestled for WWE while still under his TNA contract. FACT

Eh, WRONG. Kid Kash had been released from his TNA contract before ONS last year

castagnoli wrote:
    Eh, WRONG. Kid Kash had been released from his TNA contract before ONS last year

FACT

I doubt Sabu was under contract to TNA at the time of ONS last year. His last match for TNA before that had been 10 months beforehand, he was sick for that whole time. And he didn't reappear in TNA until over a month and a half after ONS

Although I'm just after reading that he might be able to compete at ONS this year because of the Legends contract he signed with WWE last year. Who knows?

• Advertisement

I cant see Sabu back on TNA for a good while after Joe destroys him in the six sides of steel at Lockdown, so hopefully he will be available for ONS. I doubt hes on a fulltime contract at TNA anyway.
    BTW whats the story with that legends contract?

On a sidenote, I hate David Arquette and Ready to Rumble is the worst movie ever made.

castagnoli wrote:
    BTW whats the story with that legends contract?

Basically, if someone signs it, they get paid for WWE using their likeness in action figures, video games and whatever else. Some of the guys who have signed it have shown up on tv, like Vader, Piper and Snuka. Apparently Hogan and Foley have contracts like that as well

I've just read that Steve Corino says he won't be at ONS or any other ECW reunion type shows because what he did there "is in the past". Pity, he could have really livened up the show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Shame. I really liked Corino. He had a good solid style and it would have been nice to see him at it. Hopefully it's just a ploy for money or something and he actually shows up.

Yeah the real King of Kings would have been the icing on the cake at ONS. If Corino says he wont be there, he wont be.
    I dont get how Sabu could have signed a legends contract with WWE?

castagnoli wrote:
    You are still wrong. KK did some house shows with WWE while STILL under contract. You cannot dispute that. I'm sorry

Theres a differance between doing house shows and appearing on TV.

As well as the fact that he wasn't on good terms with TNA. He gave out about them on a radio interview, saying they wouldn't let him appear at ONS, and that he wanted to be released from his contract. So I'd find it very hard to believe that TNA would let any of their guys do ONS. They seem to be doing their own rival ECW-style show in June anyway

castagnoli wrote:
    Theres a differance between doing house shows and appearing on TV.
    So now you're moving the goal posts when you find out you're wrong. Don't sweat it dude, I know I'm better than you.

Fozzy wrote:
    They seem to be doing their own rival ECW-style show in June anyway
    Not true, and that's straight from Matthew Ody so you can't dispute it.

Chillax Punk! Sounds like you might be takin this a little too seriously!

What did Ody say about it? I haven't heard anything yet. But to suggest that they'll be doing a show called Hardcore War in the ECW Arena, the same weekend as ONS, and that they won't be trying to cash in on the ECW buzz would be very naive

• Advertisement
Advertisement