Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If BT LLU in UK is unacceptable, what does than make Eircom?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

watty wrote:
    Backhaul (eg Bitstream) in Ireland comes with no SLA for the bitstream operator.

NONE whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Now this:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/11/carphone_broadband/
    Even though Carphone's targeting 1,000 exchanges serving around 70 per cent of the UK population, it means a sizeable minority of people in the UK will not be able to subscribe to this offer at this price.

And this in a market where regulator has slated LLU performance. Carphone is here and operates their Tele2 / TalkTalk CPS subsiduaries. I can't see them being able to offer more than 0.1% of exchanges here compared with 70% exchanges* in UK.

Sky/Easynet are likely to now offer a similar deal to Premium subscribers. That is also less likely to be in ROI too.

*I'm assuming they really mean 70% of exchanges rather than 70% population, but you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Unless I'm mistaken, Irish LLU providers don't use eircom backhaul from the exhanges. They bring their own. I'm sure if eircom were to offer backhaul along the lines of the bitstream setup, this would greatly speed up LLU deployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They probabily charge too much.

Advertisement