Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A few Customizing questions

Options
  • 11-04-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey everyone just new to the board, this is my first post hope I can be of some help,
    Anyhow I was just wondering if someone was looking to try and make a start in the whole customising area how would they get started?
    Also is there some sort of courses that you can do on spefic things ie* spraying, fibreglassing etc..

Thank's in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

welcome to boards and hope you have a great time;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭sweno

aerocell wrote:
    Hey everyone just new to the board, this is my first post hope I can be of some help,
    Anyhow I was just wondering if someone was looking to try and make a start in the whole customising area how would they get started?
    Also is there some sort of courses that you can do on spefic things ie* spraying, fibreglassing etc..

Thank's in advance.

You pick up alot of stuff just from reading... Buy magazines and read forums, there is always loads of people in the same situation. Everyone is always trying to learn new things so forums are especially good as most people post new things they learn or figure out.

What type of customising are you trying to get into i.e. performace, ICE (In Car Entertainment), bodystyling etc ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

hi there,

i like to pay to get a job done well (bodykits etc), there is nothing worse imo than a badly modified, tasteless motor. however, thats a comment on my own skills, if your interested in courses etc id take a look at fas, or follow the old adage "measure twice cut once" when doing any mods.

you would prob find the haynes range of manuals usefull too..........

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

What type of customising are you trying to get into i.e. performace, ICE (In Car Entertainment), bodystyling etc ???

Im more into ICE and would just really love to get into fiberglassing, I am fairly proficient in electrics etc. and pick up on things pretty easily,
    These mods would be just for my own motor im not gona start messin up other peoples cars ;)
    I have read alot over the past few months on different ways for glassing and techniques and was just wondering if you's could offer advice before I get stuck in.
    Thanks for the replys guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

practice with something basic like a volcano shaped enclosure for a sub and then move on to something that has more curves in it. I read alot of stuff in WORX, a modding guide that came with max power magazine over the past 2 years and although they only realy show the basics, it got me going. first box i made was as i sujested, a volcano shaped box and i used chicken wire/fiberglass/filler to make it. nothing fancey and its long gone but was a good way to learn. do some google searches on installs and you'll find loads of guides i'm sure. I know haynes do a book based purly on ICE aswell as car specific modding guides that do a car up from start to finish giving a full guide along the way. (The WORXS guides i was on about were extracts from these books)

• Advertisement
Advertisement