Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving on 1st Provisonal

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Big Nelly wrote:
    If you company won't give you a letter then I guess 1. You don't need a car for work? 2. They provide transport to and from your office 3. There is enough public transport in the area that is provided so you wont need a car.

What a load of crap. That statement tells me you obviously haven't left the pale too often. Proven further by this quote.
    Big Nelly wrote:
    Also people that say they need a car to drive to work are a joke, most companies are again in major cities so public transport etc is provided.

Secondly the driving test here is a joke, it's too antiquated and unrealistic at the moment and the driver testing union has the minister over a barrel re private testers which is realistically the only way to cut the list.
    The isurance companies shouldn't offer insurance to people on provisionals either. They should have to pass their test first. I know they need to practice but this should be done with instructors or at driving centre's. This obviously couldn't be enforced until they get the numbers and waiting time down to a realistic length. We'll have to wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭godfather69er

sky news just had a segment saying that the minister is introducing zero tolerance on any amount of alcohol in a learners system
    does this imply he doesnt give a **** about people driving unaccompanied on L plates???

Advertisement