Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin abuse

Options
  • 11-04-2006 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

I want to complain about the way some of the admins and sMods are treating me. On friday night they sat in the pub and thought up evil things to change my nickname to - things such as trash_000 and paedo_000. Then when i log in on sunday my nick is now trash_000.

this is not funny! my brother who uses boards has now started calling me 'trash' and telling all the girls about it, who laugh at me. it is messing up my life!

maybe this should be in personal issues, i dont know. if so move it.

but i am outraged.

yours sincerely,

crash_000

what should crash_000's new nick be? 116 votes

brash_000
    0% 0 votes
    gash_000
    0% 0 votes
    slash_000
    8% 10 votes
    rash_000
    2% 3 votes
    khlaukalash_000
    7% 9 votes
    balderdash_000
    8% 10 votes
    smellymoustache_000
    4% 5 votes
    8 milimetre_000
    18% 22 votes
    atari jaguar_000
    12% 14 votes
    Imolestkittens_000
    18% 21 votes
    crabs_000
    18% 22 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

why would they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Hahaha excellent, nice work admins/smods :)

Boards is an el dictatorship, and an entertaining one ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

shutit trash

and fyi, smods cannot change a posters nickname, so apologise or I'll ban you for a month!

ps
    you have no life to mess up

excellent :) though smods were involved in the plotting of the changing of said nick....
    ps
    you have no life to mess up
    haha excellent.... you'd think he'd be thankfull for the extra attention, this is alot like that 'Date Crash' campain...he wasn't thankfull for that either...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Next week, its rash_000

Perhaps we ought to have a thread, like ecksor's word of the day thread, for his nick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

That would be mean. then posters (especially the female ones) would think i have a rash, and my private messages would go unanswered. why would you do that mr. regi?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

brash_000? gash_000? splash_000? We'll run out of rhymes eventually. Unless we set a precident now that we'll only follow the _000...

knobend_000!!

well i dunno don't you think the females deserve a warning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Any reasons in particular why they picked your nickname to mess with? Or did you deserve it.

trash_000 wrote:
    That would be mean. then posters (especially the female ones) would think i have a rash, and my private messages would go unanswered. why would you do that mr. regi?

people who don't know you're still a virgin will think you have a rash, either way, it's funny

Regi
    I love your evil side!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Any reasons in particular why they picked your nickname to mess with? Or did you deserve it.
    It could have something to do with all that trash talking he did in IRC on late Friday night/early Saturday morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Either "trash" or "slash" would have got full marks.

GoneShooting - myself and regi were in the pub a month ago or so and we were both trying to chat up the same woman. she called regi an evil little troll and kicked him in the crotch and came home with me. ever since then he hates me :(

nobody believes that trash!

oh
    see what I did there? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

trash_000 wrote:
    GoneShooting - myself and regi were in the pub a month ago or so and we were both trying to chat up the same woman. she called regi an evil little troll and kicked him in the crotch and came home with me. ever since then he hates me :(

I think tSubh Dearg's post holds more water Mr Bandicoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

trash_000 wrote:
    Did you use the a/sl chat up line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

trash_000 wrote:
    I want to complain about the way some of the admins and sMods are treating me. On friday night they sat in the pub and thought up evil things to change my nickname to - things such as trash_000 and paedo_000. Then when i log in on sunday my nick is now trash_000.

this is not funny! my brother who uses boards has now started calling me 'trash' and telling all the girls about it, who laugh at me. it is messing up my life!

maybe this should be in personal issues, i dont know. if so move it.

but i am outraged.

yours sincerely,

crash_000

I think you should contact the owner of boards.ie about this, if this is true.

I was checking this out and its against the law to do this if its true. You would have a case if you wanted to take it further and since boards.ie is registered in Ireland it would be relatively straight forward to bring this further.

Good Luck,
    finnpark

finnpark wrote:

eh
    finn
    Regi is one of the owners of boards....

actually how would it be illegal ? if trash was actually half serious in this thread....

boards.ie is a private entity, it really can do what it likes on its site, anything connecting trash to the real person is his own doing not that of boards.ie....

Its corporate bullying. my personal and love life has gone down the drain since sunday and "the change" - thankyou for your support finnpark, you are a good man. i think i will do my best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

finnpark wrote:

I was checking this out and its against the law to do this if its true. You would have a case if you wanted to take it further and since boards.ie is registered in Ireland it would be relatively straight forward to bring this further.

Good Luck,
    finnpark
    Oh my good god.

trash_000 wrote:
    Its corporate bullying. my personal and love life has gone down the drain since sunday and "the change" - thankyou for your support finnpark, you are a good man. i think i will do my best.
    You could also contact my legal representitive Leonard Crabs. I have contact details stash_000?

good call hobart
    I'll be your witness slash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

actually how would it be illegal ? if trash was actually half serious in this thread....

boards.ie is a private entity, it really can do what it likes on its site, anything connecting trash to the real person is his own doing not that of boards.ie....

Im afraid it doesn't work like that as I found out myself recently. Be very careful about what you say and do here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

class comedy act there finnpark

well i know i'm liable for what i say, but i doubt boards.ie is liable for changing my nick as they please, i can just discontinue using the site......boards.ie hasn't ever revealed my true identity so i doubt i could claim any sort of defamation of character, it would by my own fault for linking the 2 given that they are able to change my name upon a whim...

finnpark wrote:
    Im afraid it doesn't work like that as I found out myself recently. Be very careful about what you say and do here.
    Back to the ironing with you.

Beruthiel wrote:
    people who don't know you're still a virgin will think you have a rash, either way, it's funny

Regi
    I love your evil side!
    Ask Mini ruthie there Anna, i'm sure she can refute both of those ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I was wondering about the name change. :)

So sudden after the beers, that explains why regi left early.

• Advertisement

trash_000 wrote:
    Ask Mini ruthie there Anna, i'm sure she can refute both of those ;)

I just called her
    she wouldn't touch you with a 40ft barge pole apparently...

Advertisement