Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stevie G

• 11-04-2006 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Last Saturday:

Gerrard calls for players to clean up their act

01/04/2006 - 10:30:58

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has waded into the debate over diving by calling for players to be more honest.

The England midfielder was echoing the comments of his manager Rafael Benitez yesterday, who said coaches had a responsibility to tell their squad not to go down easily or feign injury.

“It annoys me. I don’t think there is anything worse than seeing not just a foreign player but any player who has received a knock lying down on the floor to get an opponent booked, or diving when no one’s been anywhere near him,” said Gerrard.

“If I saw a team-mate doing it I would definitely have a word. It’s happened here at Liverpool a couple of times, where players have gone down too easily, and the manager has said: ‘Get up. Get on with it. Don’t be doing that. It’s wrong.'

“I think managers and captains, leaders and experienced players have a responsibility to grab people after a training session or a game and say: ‘None of that. That doesn’t happen here.’”

Sunday:

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=07Q27LC0VA4MU3V8I946WH1YM2

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Phil Thompson was saying the other day on Sky how Gerrard was only a young lad when he laid into Titi Camara for diving in training.

I doubt this'll receive much press attention though, he's English and he doesn't play for Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Indeed despite the fact that he does his fair share of diving! Pot and kettle talk there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

one example there, have to say i have never seen it from SG apart from that. thats like calling rooney a diver even though the only one i can recall is against arsenal.

its the drogbas of the game that need to be taught a lesson.

personally i wouldn't call rooney a diver, ive seen him do it once against united so it doesn't warrant it. Gerrard, Viera, Pires, Garcia, Cisse all divers, they all do it plenty of times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

thats funny!!
    not exactly his first time either.

He did another later in the game cutting in from the left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Reports from Anfield are saying that he had a right go at himself in the dressing room after the match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Didn't see the match unfortunately. The dive is quite funny but the clip doesn't show what happens afterwards - does he stay on the ground moaning looking for cards to be shown or does he get up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

p.pete wrote:
    Didn't see the match unfortunately. The dive is quite funny but the clip doesn't show what happens afterwards - does he stay on the ground moaning looking for cards to be shown or does he get up?

Does it matter? He dived?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

p.pete wrote:

He got up again and didn't claim a penalty..

fade2black wrote:
    Does it matter? He dived?!

Yes it does matter.. Diving and getting up without claiming a penalty is very different that diving, rolling around the ground for 2 minutes crying in agony and then bitching about not getting a penalty for 10 minutes afterwards..

I am sure you can appreciate the difference...

It is the likes of Drogba, Pires, Garcia, Ruud a few seasons back that are that are the real problem..

• Advertisement

You're saying that as if he deserves praise or something...he dived and fairplay to him he didn't look for a penalty.

The point here is the hypocrisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Yes it does matter.. Diving and getting up without claiming a penalty is very different that diving, rolling around the ground for 2 minutes crying in agony and then bitching about not getting a penalty for 10 minutes afterwards..

exactly

it doesn't surprise me that mourinho's team is top of the charts in rediculous diving. if you review the incidents over the last few weeks/months, it's almost like they're seeing who can get the decision for the most rediculous acting.
    point is, i remember how porto were and that behaviour comes down from him.

Either way, let's not turn this into another Man U V Liverpool thing. This is just a humourous turn of events and we all know Gerrard is not a regular diver etc etc..

fade2black wrote:
    Either way, let's not turn this into another Man U V Liverpool thing. This is just a humourous turn of events and we all know Gerrard is not a regular diver etc etc..
    Who mentioned Man U? Ruud has only barely had a mention :p

If Liverpool players dive it annoys me. I think it's worse when players roll about about though or wave imaginary cards, all that kind of stuff. Maybe it didn't happen too often but I remember some matchs where players like Rush or Barns would actually go to a ref and try get opposition players off the hook (if it was merited). Sportsmanship should be given more importance in the game then it unfortunately currently has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Ref's will decide if its a penalty or not looking at the incident, not the reaction from the player, hence him looking for a penalty or not won't make a diff.

When was the last time a ref gave a penalty AFTER watching the player's reaction. If he dived, then he dived, if he got up, apologised, and told the ref he dived (and deserved a yellow), then he could be forgiven.

I can't believe people here are saying ah sure its fine he didn't appeal for a penalty. There was no contact and he threw himself down. If anything nowadays its the people that don't appeal get the decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

astrofool wrote:
    Ref's will decide if its a penalty or not looking at the incident, not the reaction from the player, hence him looking for a penalty or not won't make a diff.

When was the last time a ref gave a penalty AFTER watching the player's reaction. If he dived, then he dived, if he got up, apologised, and told the ref he dived (and deserved a yellow), then he could be forgiven.

Yes, but the players reactions are normaly done to to sway the refs future calls. IE make him think he perhaps gave the wrong call then, so he may even it out next time someone dives in the box.

funnist dive vid I saw is when fantasy football had a young manU player on (might have been becks, cant remember) and skinner goes on about him learning the football in the proper manU way etc, then after he agreed they cut to a vid of him blatently diving then chasing the ref cause he didnt get a free kick for it, classic :)

I think all clubs seem to have a diver or two, I know my club has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

iregk wrote:
    personally i wouldn't call rooney a diver, ive seen him do it once against united so it doesn't warrant it. Gerrard, Viera, Pires, Garcia, Cisse all divers, they all do it plenty of times.

No you wouldn't because you are a man u fan and blinfd to the fact that players on the team you support cheat - C Ronaldo anyone ???

No you wouldn't because you are a man u fan and blinfd to the fact that players on the team you support cheat - C Ronaldo anyone ???

I think you'll find its very hard to find a team without a player who hasn't cheated at some point in their career.

He wasn't talking about Ronaldo or Man Utd, he was talking about Rooney. This is how arguments start between rival fans on here. You completely misquoted him just to stir shit

• Advertisement

I did not misquote him,I quoted him perfectly, in fact since I just pressed the quote button I would have to say that it was word for word, spaces and punctuation included.

He mentioned a number of players that he thought were divers without thinking to look to his own first when I would place C Ronaldo above most of those mentioned on the diving league of his. Do you see what I was doing there, fade ? I was highlighting the fact that he as a Man United fan would not think that Rooney was a diver as he was a man u fan and that he would not see or if he did, would not recognise that other members of the team he supports dive regularly. I thought it was fairly straight forward, would you like me to draw you pictures or simplify it in some other way for you ?

As for the stir **** comment, that is all you were doing when you opened this thread in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Some players dive to get others sent off carded or a penalty, whatever. But other players "fall over" cos they feel that they perhaps lost the opportunity and would prefer to look like they got knocked over rather than lack of composure/talent.

It was silly of Gerrard to say that anyway cos your attitude would change if you were in the middle of match.

I did not misquote him,I quoted him perfectly, in fact since I just pressed the quote button I would have to say that it was word for word, spaces and punctuation included.

He mentioned a number of players that he thought were divers without thinking to look to his own first when I would place C Ronaldo above most of those mentioned on the diving league of his. Do you see what I was doing there, fade ? I was highlighting the fact that he as a Man United fan would not think that Rooney was a diver as he was a man u fan and that he would not see or if he did, would not recognise that other members of the team he supports dive regularly. I thought it was fairly straight forward, would you like me to draw you pictures or simplify it in some other way for you ?

As for the stir **** comment, that is all you were doing when you opened this thread in the first place.

And your point? As mentioned, you'll find it very hard to find a team with a player who hasn't dived or cheated in their career at some stage. Your own beloved Liverpool included. And indeed my own beloved Blackburn included.

He listed a group of players who dive, so what if he left Ronaldo out. He left many others out and I imagine he'd be typing all day if he tried to list all the players that do dive.

As always I agree with Lemlin here ;)

There has been plenty of threads poking fun at Utd through the months (see the carling cup one for example) there was no talk of you commenting about that...why? Because it was stirring crap about United, not your team.

This is not about criticising Liverpool Lemlin and yet you always try to get a little dig in. I was, as is quite clearly laid out for the people at the back of the class as it were, pointing out that regardless of whether or not rooney was a cheat, in the most case a man u fan will not recognise that one of their fans does. I did not attempt to defend anybody or anything liverpool in this thread yet once again in you wade with your Ooooohh you are all about the liverpool. Why don't you contribute something decent to the forum Lemlin instead of continually following me around trying to get a rise, is getting really old at this stage.

There are a number of reasons I may not have been involved in those threads fade, foremost amongst them possibly being I have little or no interest in Man United.

This is not about criticising Liverpool Lemlin and yet you always try to get a little dig in. I was, as is quite clearly laid out for the people at the back of the class as it were, pointing out that regardless of whether or not rooney was a cheat, in the most case a man u fan will not recognise that one of their fans does. I did not attempt to defend anybody or anything liverpool in this thread yet once again in you wade with your Ooooohh you are all about the liverpool. Why don't you contribute something decent to the forum Lemlin instead of continually following me around trying to get a rise, is getting really old at this stage.

There are a number of reasons I may not have been involved in those threads fade, foremost amongst them possibly being I have little or no interest in Man United.

I was commenting on a thread I've already contributed to. Following you around? That's news to me, I've been commenting on threads here all day because I'm in college. Is paranoia setting in? :)

As for my point, so you're saying you didn't take exception to the fact that he mentioned Cisse and Garcia in his list? Or that this thread is about Gerrard?

How is fade2black stirring **** either? As he pointed out, he is justing having a laugh at the hypocrisy of Gerrard and, in turn, I think he's showing the hypocrisy of the media in England eg. because Gerrard is English and doesn't play for Chelsea, you hear nothing about his dive.

Lemlin wrote:
    How is fade2black stirring **** either? As he pointed out, he is justing having a laugh at the hypocrisy of Gerrard and, in turn, I think he's showing the hypocrisy of the media in England eg. because Gerrard is English and doesn't play for Chelsea, you hear nothing about his dive.
    Or maybe it's because he got up again and didn't make a big issue out of it / roll on the ground / wave a magical card towards the ref.

The clip alongside the quotes from Stevie G is funny (I struggle with the humour as a Liverpool fan ;)) but there really isn't enough there for it to ever be blown out of proportion - at least not by rational people :p. At most it deserves a snippet on Soccer AM or something like that.

The thread is related to diving as much as it is to SG (I seem to remember another diving thread not too long ago?) so there's better examples of diving and divers out there so it's natural that it's going to go that way...

Threads like this, and the Neville Sisters etc pop up every week TFTF, I don't believe for a second that you take things that much to heart. Sure it's about Liverpool today, but it'll be about Chelsea, Blackburn, Arsenal or Man U tomorrow. Part and parcel of being a fan really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Of course he was , The cheek of him Highlighting Stevie G hypocracy. He couldn't possibly have been just illustrating that Liverpools captain does not practice what he preaches. Pity it wasn't Ronaldo in the video eh , there would be no accusations of **** stiiring if it were.

Any player player caught being so hypocritical would be highlighted here and recieve ridicule for it, Why should Gerrard be treated any differently?.

Pretty typical around here. If anyone criticises Liverpool that can not be discuss without dragging United into it and starting a flame fest. Could this and any other issue involving Liverpool be discussed on its own merits without going down the usual route .

Lol@ the He got up so he wasn't cheating slant being put on it. If he were not cheating and trying to get an unfair advantage for his team he would have stayed on is feet as there was no contact whatsoever.

The Muppet wrote:
    Of course he was , The cheek of him Highlighting Stevie G hypocracy. He couldn't possibly have been just illustrating that Liverpools captain does not practice what he preaches. Pity it wasn't Ronaldo in the video eh , there would be no accusations of **** stiiring if it were.

Any player player caught being so hypocritical would be highlighted here and recieve ridicule for it, Why should Gerrard be treated any differently?.

Pretty typical around here. If anyone criticises Liverpool that can not be discuss without dragging United into it and starting a flame fest. Could this and any other issue involving Liverpool be discussed on its own merits without going down the usual route .

Lol@ the He got up so he wasn't cheating slant being put on it. If he were not cheating and trying to get an unfair advantage for his team he would have stayed on is feet as there was no contact whatsoever.

I agree Muppet - you can even have your posts changed if you criticise them - they may as well put something in the charter about not being allowed criticise them as any one that does is attacked for it.

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a while claining that it is fine once you don't appeal.

Muppet, I had no problem with the thread or its' content, I did not attempt to defend Gerrard Liverpool or any of the actions all I did was highlight the hypocrisy that you are on about. As for the cannot go on without dragging in Man u, I think you will find that with any thread involving any of the top teams in the premiership will drag in the others as a point of reference, just like man U fans when defending their knocking out of the CL say it is okay as the team that beat us beat liiverpool (has nothing to do with Man U's dismissal but makes fans feel better). There has to be comparisons drawn between the clubs otherwise how could improvement be made ?

I'll tell you what I can offer you thought Monster and muppet, I will offer ye the chance to be the trailblazers and if agreed will put to the forum that there can be no crossover between discussions of one club and aonther on a thread once the team to be discussed are chosen. If ye want to go this way then that will be fine, strictly enforced and bans handed out for going off topic will naturally apply. Well what do ye think, shall we give it a go, I think you will not like the results, especailly considering it was you Muppet who brought Liverpool in the the Rejuvenated United thread to illustrate a point.

BTW monster the reason that Lemlins post was changed was because he once again accused me of bias in my actions re banning etc on boards, something I do not take kindly to, I will be pursuing this with the mods and potentially the admins of the forum. As a ref I know that a player can get sent off for that (calling a ref a cheat essentially), am not sure if it applies here though) - Only two members I have banned for any considerable lenght of time have bothe been liverpool fans and one of those is permanent, but that's more of my pro liverpool bias..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I will offer ye the chance to be the trailblazers and if agreed will put to the forum that there can be no crossover between discussions of one club and aonther on a thread once the team to be discussed are chosen. If ye want to go this way then that will be fine, strictly enforced and bans handed out for going off topic will naturally apply. Well what do ye think, shall we give it a go, I think you will not like the results ?
    That would be a bit much I'd say. As you said, someone will always bring in another team as a point of reference. I think there should be bans for blatent trolling though, whether or not the poster used what the charter considers to be abuse. One post usually sets off the flame-war.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Gas that vid, must have been a strong wind blowing ;)

I personally think that just because your a moderator you shouldn't have to tone down your passion and inherent bias, you just shouldn't abuse it. Can't really see anywhere where you have done that to be honest.

(They why Liverpool won't finish second thread was abrubtly locked but I probably would have done that myself ;))

• Advertisement

BTW monster the reason that Lemlins post was changed was because he once again accused me of bias in my actions re banning etc on boards, something I do not take kindly to, I will be pursuing this with the mods and potentially the admins of the forum. As a ref I know that a player can get sent off for that (calling a ref a cheat essentially), am not sure if it applies here though) - Only two members I have banned for any considerable lenght of time have bothe been liverpool fans and one of those is permanent, but that's more of my pro liverpool bias..

I must of missed the part where I accused you of bias. The part you deleted was where I asked a question. I didn't accuse you of anything but I guess my question is one that you are not willing to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

That would be a bit much I'd say. As you said, someone will always bring in another team as a point of reference. I think there should be bans for blatent trolling though, whether or not the poster used what the charter considers to be abuse. One post usually sets off the flame-war.
    There are bans for blatant trolling. It's covered in the charetr, under "disruptive influenece" iirc. The problem is that there are some users, some who have posted on this thread, that push the envelope to get a reaction. There are also others who mis-quote and mis-represent their teams in such a way, as to render talking to them impossible. I have seen the most outlandish manipulation of stats used to back a point in favor of or against another team. That's what starts the inevitable flame fest and the he-said she said(isms) of this board. Best to try just ignore it and get on.

As was said, it's Stevie today, it was Rooney yesterday and it will be somebody else tomorrow (except for an Everton player as they are crap an na na na etc.....)

Thats brilliant so does the fact that im a united fan there fore blind make my point any less true? Suppose I was a Chelsea fan is my point all of a sudden a fair comment?

I am in fact a Chelsea fan and yes I agree. Ronaldo is a cheat however I wouldn't call Rooney one. As fade2black and Lemlin said I left Ronaldo out, so what, if i was to include everyone I thought was a cheat I'd be here all day typing!

I'll be awaiting my appology for jumping to conclusions and causing all the grief on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I wouldn't really consider gerrard much of a diver. Id put him in the pretty average category for those sorts of things. Think the worst pool person for that is probably kewell, though he's starting to cop on a bit now. garcia can be bad at times as well alright. Really does suck to see.

I do agree with what someone said about it being worse when players dive and roll 400 times writhing around in agony, and also when people do that card thing, but mostly because these things look absolutely ridiculous, childish and theres just something really weedy in what i think should be a manlier game. Have a load of players had their testosterone removed or what?

Anyone see Mills trying to get Joe Cole off a booking a few weeks ago? Thought that was pretty ironic myself. Hopefully that might get cole to stop his bitchy attributes and focus more on developing into the great player he could become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The problem with this forum in general and this thread in particular is that there is a core group that are intent on trying to get a reaction out of oppossin fans and are incapable of being impartial in any argument at all.. Lemlin IMO is the perfect example of what is wrong with this forum at the moment.. There has also been a recent influx of new posters that has dragged the quality of thread down drastically. There has been plenty before and there will be plenty more too..

Gerard publically criticised the practise of diving and within a few days this statment, he dives against Bolton.. While this in itself is worth commenting on, it's not exactly hilarious now is it...

The fact of the matter is, he is criticising players who have made the game a mockery and are renowned for diving.. Once the main offenders stop conning referees, the rest will follow.. I could name who these players are but some people might get upset.

• Advertisement

Muppet, I had no problem with the thread or its' content, I did not attempt to defend Gerrard Liverpool or any of the actions all I did was highlight the hypocrisy that you are on about.

You didn't highlight anything. You made a claim about Rooney being a diver. I don't know what incident you are referring to could you be more specific and a link to a clip would be useful. I took it as a troll of United fans but I will be happy to retract if I am wrong.

As for the cannot go on without dragging in Man u, I think you will find that with any thread involving any of the top teams in the premiership will drag in the others as a point of reference, just like man U fans when defending their knocking out of the CL say it is okay as the team that beat us beat liiverpool (has nothing to do with Man U's dismissal but makes fans feel better). There has to be comparisons drawn between the clubs otherwise how could improvement be made ?

Sometime you have to refference other teams when replying but there was no need to do so in this instance unless you are saying because one player cheats its ok for another to do so. I assume that is not the case as that would be a pretty strange position for a registered referree to take.

I'll tell you what I can offer you thought Monster and muppet, I will offer ye the chance to be the trailblazers and if agreed will put to the forum that there can be no crossover between discussions of one club and aonther on a thread once the team to be discussed are chosen. If ye want to go this way then that will be fine, strictly enforced and bans handed out for going off topic will naturally apply. Well what do ye think, shall we give it a go, I think you will not like the results, especailly considering it was you Muppet who brought Liverpool in the the Rejuvenated United thread to illustrate a point.

I replied to you as a ordinary user not as a mod but if you want to play the Mod card go ahead and make whatever changes you want , you don't usually consult me about changes to the forum.

I do not recall bringing Liverpool into the United thread you mention . There is mention of them in the article I quoted but that is not my work and I would never edit someone elses words when posting. There was mention of liverpool from another user before I referred to them as last years champions, there was certainly no malice in that thread from me towards Liverpool. If you feel there was a link would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

personally i think there are 2 forms of diving.

1. any player in any league will always attempt to get a penalty by going down in the box whenever there is even slight contact, i dont think this is going to change anytime soon because its instilled in the minds of players to get free kicks in dangerous areas and to get penalties whenever possible, its up to the referee to spot how much contact has been made, if any, and to award either a free or penalty or book the player for over selling the tackle.

2. and i believe this is the point of gerrard and everyones frustration is players like drogba. now, drogba is a huge man, built like a house so one can imagine that it would take a good strong tackle to knock him down and out of his stride and cause him significant pain....however, he goes down like a tonne of bricks when a player half his size brushes off him or clips his heal.

he then goes one step futher and rolls around on the floor holding his face and acting like eric cantona just stood on his chest.

thats the kind of stuff that needs to be stamped out, drogba makes me sick and if i had it my way i'd see him fined 6 months wages and suspended from football for a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Can somebody tell me the last time C. Ronaldo dived?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

el rabitos wrote:
    1. any player in any league will always attempt to get a penalty by going down in the box whenever there is even slight contact
    Rooney didn't on sunday when Senderos came into the back of him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Rooney didn't on sunday when Senderos came into the back of him

was this before or after the sun was shining out of rooneys arse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

el rabitos wrote:

That's probably what blinded Senderos.

el rabitos wrote:
    The problem with this forum in general and this thread in particular is that there is a core group that are intent on trying to get a reaction out of oppossin fans and are incapable of being impartial in any argument at all..

The problem with this forum in general and this thread in particular is that there is a core group that are intent on trying to get a reaction out of oppossin fans and are incapable of being impartial in any argument at all..

All the more reason for established users (who should know better) not to feed them and provoke the reaction they crave.

On topic

This is not the first time I have seen Gerrard dive. Didn't he have a dive in the CL final last year . I seem to remember him diving in a premiership match last season as well , can't remember the opposition but I,m sure someone will.

I don't know why he felt he had to speak out on the subject but after doing so doing so he should not be leaving himself open to ridicule by falling down in the opposition box under zero contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

el rabitos wrote:
    So THATS why Poll never saw the handball! D'Oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Muppet wrote:
    All the more reason for established users (who should know better) not to feed them and provoke the reaction they crave.

On topic

This is not the first time I have seen Gerrard dive. Didn't he have a dive in the CL final last year . I seem to remember him diving in a premiership match last season as well , can't remember the opposition but I,m sure someone will.

I don't know why he felt he had to speak out on the subject but after doing so doing so he should not be leaving himself open to ridicule by falling down in the opposition box under zero contact.
    its not the first time a player has spoken when they should not though.

Remember Cara saying, after the neville 'incident', that he would never provoke fans in such a way..... having previously thrown a coin at one.

Mourinho saying his players don't act like messi, having seen robben drop to the floop having been touched in the face by the pool keeper.

Fergie saying Wenger alwyas has an excuse, after the "our players couldn't see each other in the grey tops"

People always say soething they should not, its part of football.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement