Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stevie G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

C'mon now, we all know that T4TF doesn't moderate in liverpool bias......

Just a sligo bias

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Lemlin wrote:
    Its me maintaining that having moderaters who haven't an interest in any team would lead to a more unbiased forum.
    Have you brought this up in the feedback section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

The crux of the matter is that there would be no issue if you were in any way even handed with your criticisms but you are obviously not, you jump in with your underwhelming knowledge of all things football related and spout out what has actually been shown up on numerous occasions as inaccuracies then fallback, conveniently forget that what you have posted is a complete falasy and try again on the same argument based once more on flawed and often incorrect information.

thats what annoys me lemlin you really should know what your talking about pre-slating.
    Lemlin wrote:
    Read the comments of others there Thanx, its not just me. I do love the way you manage to single me out yet again though.

If you ask me, the only way this forum can be moderated properly is to bring in people who know little or nothing about football, don't support a team and so can't be biased.

you are the single largest irritant, thats why. while plenty of liverpool fans have had a problem with t4tf in the past it must be said that he cuts everything down the middle in regards to moderation, and he's more than entitled to tell you how he feels as a member of this board, its not like he goes around using his power in some evil manor banning all man utd. fans.
    p.pete wrote:
    Have you brought this up in the feedback section?

hope he hasn't and hope he won't.
    Then you go on and accuse a mod of the forum of allowing pro liverpool bias to affect the decisions that are made on it despite the FACT that historically there have only been two major bans on the soccer forum since the changeover and both have been applied to Liverpool fans, one of whom will never be allowed access again.

out of what i'd call curiosity who's that which you speak of?

hope he hasn't and hope he won't.
    Hope he does, he'll be laughed at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

p.pete wrote:
    Hope he does, he'll be laughed at.

oh, on that basis,
    i hope he does, and infact urge him to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm just wondering is the fact that my suggestion (that we get moderators who have an interest in no team whatsoever) being backed up by the fact that the only ones suggesting it is stupid are Liverpool fans.

Its just a suggestion but, yet again, the Liverpool supporters forum club swings into operation.

^^^^^^

broken record

:rolleyes:

Lemlin wrote:
    Its just a suggestion but, yet again, the Liverpool supporters forum club swings into operation.
    We're not even discussing Liverpool at this point - you're trying to suggest that you've a problem for one of the mods of the forum, if you do I suggest you take the matter up in the proper channels, which would be the feedback forum afaik.

p.pete wrote:
    We're not even discussing Liverpool at this point - you're trying to suggest that you've a problem for one of the mods of the forum, if you do I suggest you take the matter up in the proper channels, which would be the feedback forum afaik.

Where have I said I have a problem with a mod? I made a suggestion that I think would better the forum. Nothing more.

My point about Liverpool is that every person who has rubbished my suggestion so far is a Liverpool supporter. Do you not see a pattern developing yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Is that you yet again maintaining that the forum is not moderated properly ?

Nice :rolleyes:

I said it first ages ago so I win:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yes when ye are all sitting down to easter dinner together you can let him give you a pat on the back for that one. You trot out that I am unfit to moderate in an unbiased manner well I maintain that you are unfit to give an unbiased opinion on the soccer forum as you have to continually back up your brother across the forum, and him you.

Yes when ye are all sitting down to easter dinner together you can let him give you a pat on the back for that one. You trot out that I am unfit to moderate in an unbiased manner well I maintain that you are unfit to give an unbiased opinion on the soccer forum as you have to continually back up your brother across the forum, and him you.

And you can pat the Liverpool Supporters Club above on the back too. They've perfectly illustrated the point that I and others have made above.

At the point Liverpool are brought into any argument on this forum, they are straight there. Just look at the posts above. Every poster so far dismissing my suggestion is a Liverpool supporter, like your good self.

Have you noticed by any chance that you have had nobody support what you have said either though, surely man U fans want to have a pop, they must all hate me for being so biased against them. Maybe, just maybe you are being pilloried because you are once again spouting crap and perhaps the reason that you are not garnering any support for your stance, apart from getting your brother on (who didn't really support you anyway, well not in this thread, but a bit in the Andy Gray eleven thread), is because what you maintain as fact is more of your usual rubbish !

are big nelly and lemlin brothers?

Have you noticed by any chance that you have had nobody support what you have said either though, surely man U fans want to have a pop, they must all hate me for being so biased against them. Maybe, just maybe you are being pilloried because you are once again spouting crap and perhaps the reason that you are not garnering any support for your stance, apart from getting your brother on (who didn't really support you anyway, well not in this thread, but a bit in the Andy Gray eleven thread), is because what you maintain as fact is more of your usual rubbish !

Ah my point is young yet. Give it time to mature and blossom, or are you getting worried? ;)

As I said, I made a suggestion, which I don't expect to be taken, under any circumstances. Like I said though, I think it would improve the forum.

By the way, perhaps you could go back and address some of the people who made the point about there more or less being a Liverpool Supporters club eg. iregk and Ther Muppet, although I think there were others, rather than concentrate all your attention on my good self?

I feel its very nice that I receive such fantastic atention from yourself but others might start to feel left out ;)

After all, as a mod of the forum, should you not be worrying about other users' concerns, rather than worrying about my:
    usual rubbish

Nice to see you are concerned about other users Noel, I suppose that there is a first time for everything.

@ reactor, yes.

Nice to see you are concerned about other users Noel, I suppose that there is a first time for everything.

Oh the sarcasm and the wit. You should write for The Sun or something, you really are that good.

Lemlin wrote:
    Where have I said I have a problem with a mod? I made a suggestion that I think would better the forum. Nothing more.
    Then why are you questioning the type of people who moderate the forum? Surely you're not leaving yourself open to accusations of stirring crap?

p.pete wrote:
    Then why are you questioning the type of people who moderate the forum? Surely you're not leaving yourself open to accusations of stirring crap?

Where did I question the people who moderate the forum. A number of people, myself included, believe that there is a Liverpool bias on the forum.

I said that perhaps having moderators who aren't interested in football would lead to a more unbiased forum. Just a suggestion, as I've said, I missed where I accused anyone of anything.

• Advertisement

@ reactor, yes.

What a dinner table conversation that must be....

***DREAM SEQUENCE***

Mummy: pass the carrots dear.
    Lemlin: there you go mummy... do you want some salt?
    Mummy: no thanks, now stop pulling at your brother's leash.
    Lemlin: I don't like broccolli.
    Daddy: Eat your broccolli son, it will make you grow up as strong as [insert blackburn player here].
    Big Nelly: *gurgle gurgle*
    Mummy: did you have a nice day Daddy? (i figure there the kind of parents who call each other mummy and daddy)
    Daddy: Just watched some football on tv.
    Mummy: Who was playing?
    Daddy: I'd rather not say....
    Lemlin: Who was it? Who was playing Daddy?
    Daddy: Ahem, ahh, (under-breath)... Liverpool.
    Lemlin: YOU'RE A LIAR, I HATE YOU, YOU'RE A LIAR, *WEEEEAAAGH*, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL FATHER, YOU'RE A WANKER, I ****ING HATE YOU, YOU'RE A LIAR!!!!!!!
    Mummy: Not again, why couldn't you say ManU??
    Daddy: I'm sorry, I'll have to put the plastic sheets on the bed tonight.
    Big Nelly: *farts*

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

***DREAM SEQUENCE***

Daddy: Eat your broccolli son, it will make you grow up as strong as [insert blackburn player here].
    Mummy: did you have a nice day Daddy? (i figure there the kind of parents who call each other mummy and daddy)
    Lemlin: YOU'RE A LIAR, I HATE YOU, YOU'RE A LIAR, *WEEEEAAAGH*, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL FATHER, YOU'RE A WANKER, I ****ING HATE YOU, YOU'RE A LIAR!!!!!!!

And finally we see the intelligence of the Liverpool supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Big Nelly wrote:
    Well to be honest, it showed imagination. Imagination, to me, shows intelligence, I have to say.

Big Nelly wrote:

thank you
    Well to be honest, it showed imagination. Imagination, to me, shows intelligence, I have to say.

thank you

I'm glad we're all in agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'm at a complete loss as to where that came from to be honest!

It also shows the Liverpool Supporters Club in full swing. You can't attempt to engage one Liverpool supporter in a thread without the others soon arriving.

They're like sharks ya know, hunt in packs ;)

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    It also shows the Liverpool Supporters Club in full swing. You can't attempt to engage one Liverpool supporter in a thread without the others soon arriving.

Imagine a Liverpool supporter looking at a liverpool thread. What a totally amazing occurence, somebody should report this to the authorities, so it can be filed for future reference.

Do you have any other songs? Or is it just the one then?

Lemlin wrote:

They're like sharks ya know, hunt in packs ;)
    Erm, I'm a Utd fan, just in case the "others soon arriving" was in reference to me.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Imagine a Liverpool supporter looking at a liverpool thread. What a totally amazing occurence, somebody should report this to the authorities, so it can be filed for future reference.

Do you have any other songs? Or is it just the one then?

Keep going, please do. You're illustrating my point perfectly.

I'm out of here though, us Liverpool haters can only take so much 'Pool discussion for one day ;)

Imagination? shows your intelligence levels to be honest, you still in primary school out in the play yard and find it fun calling people names?

Trying to get me to use a personal insult so you can go running crying to your mummy T4TF? dream on, I have a brain and I use it. Sorry if some of the rest of the people on here seem to be lacking in that area

It case those who are not the quickest hadn't guessed I was being sarcastic earlier. Sorry if that is too big a word. Go get the dictionary and I will wait for the next genius reply.

Erm, I'm a Utd fan, just in case the "others soon arriving" was in reference to me.

Nope, I wasn't making reference to you. I was making point to REACTOR, pete and Thanx4 all attempting to form a Liverpool super tag team ;)

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    I have a brain and I use it.

ROFL!

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    ROFL!

In one post shows your intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

They're like sharks ya know, hunt in packs

so your refering to the soccer forum as the liverpool supporters club, thats fine, but ur saying it in a derogitory way....yet u say u dont hate liverpool. right.

there was one of those "who do u support" threads a week or so ago, liverpool fans out numbered man u fans by fairly close to 2:1 i think, so obviously theres alot of liverpool fans on the forum, would that not increase the likelyhood that ur going to get more liverpool fans posting and more often?

you and your brother tend to back each other up more often than not, that could be interprited as hunting in packs aswell, no?

your posts regarding liverpool are usually all negative, or you give 1 compliment and critisize 2 things. then u get upset when fans get a pain in the ass reading ur critisism. you bring out the worst in people

Thanx4 has banned me in the past, i didnt show him my liverpool loyalty card and got unbanned, he calls it down the middle. ur clutching at straws.

Big Nelly wrote:
    In one post shows your intelligence.
    thanks, we brainy people should stick together.

after all, we have brains, and we know how to use them.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I think this thread needs to be locked. We are down the road of personal insults here and surely there is only one way its going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I came into this thread hoping to see pages and pages of insightful discussion, critique and praise about Steven Gerrard, but instead pages and pages of .... well .....

Shouldnt the thread be renamed to something more descriptive?

Or perhaps better to lock it and individuals concerned can PM to their hearts content on the "finer" (ahem) points of the discussion.

Enjoy Easter,

redspider

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    thanks, we brainy people should stick together.

after all, we have brains, and we know how to use them.

:D

Yeah "ROFL" is great, Jesus your parents must be proud of ya!

Not getting into a tip for tat with you, never argue with an idiot because they will bring you down to there level, then you will lose because they have more experience

Not getting into a tip for tat with you, never argue with an idiot because they will bring you down to there level, then you will lose because they have more experience

i sure hope u didnt just call him an idiot there nelly. that might be taken as a personal attack.

i agree, lock the thread before theres bannings

Big Nelly wrote:

It is great, I agree. Its better than "LOL" anyway. Definetly better than "hahaha" - I never know when enough ha's are enough. You always feel like there should be one more. So "ROFL" kind of negates all that - good observation though.
    Big Nelly wrote:

That's generally true, but what happens when the idiot says he's not getting in a tit for tat with you? Is that part of his trickery?

el rabitos wrote:
    i sure hope u didnt just call him an idiot there nelly. that might be taken as a personal attack.

i agree, lock the thread before theres bannings

So the post above wasn't an attack on me?

That's generally true, but what happens when the idiot says he's not getting in a tit for tat with you? Is that part of his trickery?

Ahh trying to bring me down to your level, no chance

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    Imagination? shows your intelligence levels to be honest, you still in primary school out in the play yard and find it fun calling people names?

Trying to get me to use a personal insult so you can go running crying to your mummy T4TF? dream on, I have a brain and I use it. Sorry if some of the rest of the people on here seem to be lacking in that area

It case those who are not the quickest hadn't guessed I was being sarcastic earlier. Sorry if that is too big a word. Go get the dictionary and I will wait for the next genius reply.
    Right Nelly, the post you quote of mine, I didn't attack you, nor your lack of intelligence. Yet you come straight on here attacking mine. Fair play to you. I couldn't be bothered arguing with ya.

So the post above wasn't an attack on me?

.....eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I have to say I don't like the way one or 2 users in this instance are being rounded on by some users in ths thread. Lemlin should be entitled to express his opinion witout being personally attacked as is evident here.

I feel he has a point about about being attacked here is you say anthing negative about Liverpool , this thread is perfect evidence of that fact.

My 5 cent on the moderation for what its worth. Though T4TF and myself have had our differences in the past and I have levelled similar acuusations at him as Lemlin is now I feel over the last few months his moderation of this forum has been fair and all users have been treated equally.

That may appear at odds to my earlier comments in this thread but as I said earlier those commenst were about the soccer forum in general (including T4TF as a general user) and not intended as a criticism of him as a moderator.

The soccer forum must be one of the toughest and most frustrating forums to mod particulaly if you are also a soccer fan and wish to contribute to the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

This thread should be renamed "EGO's", either that or locked.

The soccer forum must be one of the toughest and most frustrating forums to mod particulaly if you are also a soccer fan and wish to contribute to the discussion.

Is this a contribution to the soccer forum?
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:

***DREAM SEQUENCE***

Send this thread to the Thunderdrome:D

Big Nelly wrote:
    Is this a contribution to the soccer forum?

:confused:

I'm not the mod of the soccer forum

btw, u didnt answer me nelly.

u said i personally attacked you?

el rabitos wrote:
    btw, u didnt answer me nelly.

u said i personally attacked you?

When did I say you attacked me? I was refering to the above "post" from RE*AC*TOR. You mentioned my post could be seen as personal abuse, in my eyes idiot is not personal abuse. What RE*AC*TOR posted is personal abuse.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    :confused:

I'm not the mod of the soccer forum

Who said you where? Muppet was saying it is hard to be a mod in here with so many fans on here trying to make a contribution to the forum. My question is if he see's your "post" as a contribution or not to the Soccer Forum

• Advertisement

I dunno man, i was banned by thanx4 for calling somone an idiot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement