Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge for apartment balcony

Options
  • 11-04-2006 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I am looking for advice on planting a small hedge for privacy, in window boxes along my balcony. The distance is about 1.5 - 2 metres and the height should be around 2ft.
    I am looking for a fast growing, dense hedge that can be pruned quite square. if anybody has any suggestions on a type of hedge, where I might get such a hedge and how I might go about planting and looking after such a hedge I would be very grateful. Any other advice on other plants suitable for a small balcony would be very much appreciated.

regards and thanks in advance
    freddie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Bay looks great on balconies, and there seem to be a lot of the cone-shaped clipped bay trees for sale even in supermarkets right now! (Been seing loads in Dunnes Stores).

As for hedging, you could plant "Box" in large enough containers, but its very slow growing. Maybe try some of the tall grasses in containers, pampas or bamboo even maybe?.........

Just be aware of wind, if your balcony is exposed to strong or harsh winds, you will need to only buy plants that suit that enviroment.

b

Advertisement