Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open On Friday

Options
  • 11-04-2006 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

As I'm off work friday just wondering whats open in town if anything. I heard Luigi Malones is open but thought if you had a liquor license you couldn't open .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sioda wrote:
    Hi Folks

As I'm off work friday just wondering whats open in town if anything. I heard Luigi Malones is open but thought if you had a liquor license you couldn't open .

Most supermarkets are open on Friday until around 6:00pm and they sell drink. Obviously they cannot sell it on Friday. Maybe it is different for places that allow alcohol to be consumed on their premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

they might be able to open, but would only be able to serve food, not alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

The Boatclub is open for alcohol servingness, cos it's a club

Also most football club bars around town will be open but you might have to be a member to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

the bar in the station should be open if you can get a train or bus ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

There are only two days in the whole year where the are pubs closed and you're single concern is: where can i get some alcohol on those two days? Shelfs in the off-licenses will be empty on thursday evening and the pubs will be overcrowded... ;)

:D

Irish... :p

IB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

The Crescent Shopping Centre will be open on Good Friday from 9:30 to 6:00...

IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

Restaurants may serve alcohol in conjunction with a substantial meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Why dont they serve alcohol anyway?!?! I've always thought it was really weird that no where for some reason sells beer?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I saw Greenes cafe serving alcohol yesterday.

Advertisement