Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LabVIEW help needed!

Options
  • 11-04-2006 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

i have a final year project which involves generating and controlling a dc voltage that will supply a laser. i then have to be able to read the recieved voltage at the laser seperately. the supplied voltage determines the wavelenght created by the laser.

i have no prior experience in LabVIEW so was wondering if anyone knew of some good web tutorials?

i have a data aquisition book but there seems to be alot to know so would like if i could reduce what i need to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

hey, limited expereince with labview

first of all you need your test station set up.
    Assuming you have the data aquistiion card installed, drivers are okay and labview is installed?

The book you said you have on data aquisition should explain where to plug whatever you have into each port on the card.

Then start up labview and make sure that you are getting a signal from it.

Just quick google comes up with a view tutorials, but without knowing what eversion of labview and what data aquisition card you are using they wont be of much help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

thanks yeah got it set up easy enough

just trying to figure out how to analyse 3 analogue input signals at the moment as one will represent the power out at laser, output set temperature and output actual temperature.

i still have a long way ro go yet

thanks

Advertisement