Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning application - Further information

Options
  • 11-04-2006 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Just wondering what your experience is.

I have recently received a Further Information request for a planning permission application for a new house. I was expecting loads of difficult topics such as height of house, location in field, design, landscaping etc etc etc.

However, much to my suprise the FI request was all about planning history, maps of family home, categories and such like - essentially all about qualification for planning.

Should I be 'mini' celebrating in that it if I can answer these queries then I will get planning as is or is it likely that once I answer these then they can come back to me on a number of other items - ie those listed above.

What is your experience?

Thanks

J
    By then way - the CC is Kildare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I'm no expert, having being through the experience just once, but AFAIK they can't now request FI on other issues. So it looks like you'll have no worries on that front.

In you original planning application did you establish that you are from the area e.g letter from Parish Priest/Garda Sargent or include a map showing other houses belonging to your parents/brothers/siters/cousin etc (they love that). They may be just worrried by that issue.

Some of the planners in Naas can be real d**kheads but others are helpful if you can manage to get them on the phone to ask how best to go about replying to the FI request.

Best of luck with it but it sounds like you are on the pigs back.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Thanks Squire. Yes - I am a bit excited. Especially when I was prepared for a long battle with them over the house.

I did provide loads of information on my family and connections to the area etc - and I definately do qualify under the development plan guidelines. But guess that they never read what was provided!

Fingers crossed. Not going to celebrate until I get the final permission- but I have moved a long way now.

Jeez. I had the same problem with them. They had a query about distances of percolation area from house etc but it was all in compliance with the EPA regulations. I just sent a letter back to them with a copy of the EPA regs telling them to review what I had already sent them. Plonkers, cost me about six weeks and an ulcer:rolleyes:

Sounds like you have it in the bag. Congrats. That's the first big hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Once the planning authority issue a request for F.I. they cant ask for anything else. They could however decide that the documents submitted were insufficient and could ask for more documents/plans/maps in relation to that particular point only.

If you are asked to establish your bona fides then you have a couple of options. Go back to your architect/agent for advice. Read the section of the development plan dealing with housing for that area. Phone the planner and discuss the matter with him/her.

good luck with it

Once the planning authority issue a request for F.I. they cant ask for anything else. They could however decide that the documents submitted in response to the FI request were insufficient and could ask for more documents/plans/maps in relation to that particular point only.

If you are asked to establish your bona fides then you have a couple of options. Go back to your architect/agent for advice. Read the section of the development plan dealing with housing for that area. Phone the planner and discuss the matter with him/her.

good luck with it

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    Phone the planner and discuss the matter with him/her.

Have you ever tried to phone or even meet with a planner in Kildare CoCo. They are like the bloody scarlet pimpernell.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

squire1 wrote:
    Have you ever tried to phone or even meet with a planner in Kildare CoCo. They are like the bloody scarlet pimpernell.:rolleyes:

Actually believe it or not. I rang them yesterday and asked for the planner who was working on my application. Any hey presto - he was there and actually really helpful. I presume that I was just lucky but it is always worth while making that call.

squire1 wrote:

Not sure how they work in Kildare but here in Donegal there will be a planner available to take calls from the public on a designated morning each week.

There is a planner available for each electoral area and as we have 6 EA's here in Donegal there are 6 planners available to the public for half a day every week.

I think you should phone the general office of the planning dept. and ask who is dealing with your application and when they will be available to take a telephone call.

Most of the planners no matter what county they are in are fairly helpful. But as you say its getting in contact with them can be the problem.

Advertisement