Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Poker Project

Options
  • 11-04-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

Hey all am really bored and am going to throw together a small project, just looking for thoughts on some of the basics of it though.

Simple application using a "regular handheld shop scanner" reading barcodes off the bottom of the cards and sending them to to program, embedding the software should be simple enough, and allocating a jpeg to be carried to a certain location on the screen on scanning too should be easy.

The problem comes in the fact that I want to have a seperate operator who cant see the cards but can send info to the app relating to the betting that occurs on the table. I suppose it wouldnt be the worst thing if he did see the cards though. And probably easier so may just run with that option.

Also would like the information as its updated to be viewable via a webpage on 'auto refresh', committed to the web once any update has occured or something like that.

Language, Any strength I had was back in VB6, dont know how well that will port to the web, so something like .net an option? Or just go for a different language.

Any thoughts welcome. Thanks

Advertisement