Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my small theory

• 11-04-2006 4:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭

well i have been thinking azbout this for a while but keep forgetting to post it... anyways, i dont know if this has comeup anywhere elseon here or anywhere on the net but

whatif the losties and others and everyone as of yet that have ended up on the island are actually stuck in the bermuda/bremuda sp??? triangle. and the dharma group where trying to find some solution to the triangle or figure the triangle out.

just a thought, ill post more when i remember everything i had thought about before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Lost island is in the pacific (somewhere between Australia and LA).
    The Bermuda Triangle is the other side of America (south east coast).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

how do you know they are there... remember they went 1000 miles at least, off course. it is only about 8500 miles from aus to usa, it could have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i think tails2 has it in a nutshell. There goes my theory of it being the reject island for Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

i think tails2 has it in a nutshell. There goes my theory of it being the reject island for Willy Wonka's Oompa Loompas

No way, oompa lumpas sounds bang on, it explains everything

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

that idea had crossed my mind at one stage too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

tails2 wrote:
    how do you know they are there... remember they went 1000 miles at least, off course. it is only about 8500 miles from aus to usa, it could have happened.

lol thats the funniest thing i've read EVER!

if they were that close to the US they wouldn't have turned back plus they weren't in the air very long plus the monsoon season they are goin through right now.

hang on forget all that if they turned back they would need at least half of their fuel (i know planes have 1.5 times whats needed) but turning back near the PSR would be suicide

although i will say there is reports of other triangles much like the bermuda triangle thoughout the world (including one of Scotland iirc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

If you had a map and a claculator you could estimate where they are. They were six hrs in when they changed course towards fiji. Just calculate how many miles they wud have travelled in 6 hrs, calculate that distance on a map then calculate 1000 miles to fiji. If i wasn't lazy i wud try it.

But one thing is for sure, they are nowhere near the bermuda triangle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

danniemcq wrote:
    although i will say there is reports of other triangles much like the bermuda triangle thoughout the world (including one of Scotland iirc)

There are quite a few actually, at least one of which is in the Pacific.
    I doubt that's what's going on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Well the pilot reveals as much as we're going to know for quite some time in Series 1 (Pilot). He said they'd flown for 2 hours in the wrong direction, around 1000 miles off course, en route to Fiji. We're probably not going to know much more for a while.
    I suggested a Coordinates theory of my own, whereby the numbers combined give the geographical coordinates of this island. I got a few responses saying the coordinates matched an area in the Pacific Ocean just North-East of Fiji, and apparently the little shimmy in the International Date Line (which may bear some relevance to the computer and the clock's purpose):
    dateline_color.gif

Either way the credibility of the survivors crashing in the Bermuda Triangle is scarce, taking the figures, time periods, distances and geographical guidepoints given by the pilot into account. Bar they travelled through some Mid-Pacific teleportal. They could be in a Pacific equivalent of course, that theory is as valid as any.

I don't know how to mask spoilers but something's been said in recent US episodes which may be of some relevance here so if anyone can tell me how to mask them I'd be glad to part with the knowledge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Okay I found out how it's done... Just went to the trusty old stickies! Anyway, here's the little spoiler. It doesn't shed much light on the island's location but it's just a bit of a strange quote...
    U.S. SPOILER ONLY READ IF YOU'VE SEEN UP TO S2E18:
    In Season 2 Episode 18, "Dave", Locke is interrogating Henry Gale about the Others. Here's a little bit of the dialogue...

Locke: Did you get caught on purpose? You and your people have been here for God knows how long, and you got caught in a net...
    Henry Gale: God doesn't know.
    Locke: Excuse me?
    Henry Gale: God doesn't know how long we've been here, John. He can't see this island any better than the rest of the world can.

Maybe this is a bit of a go at Locke's faith, his hopes of rescue or just some psychological dig, but what the hell could Henry Gale mean by this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement