Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut Butter Pasta recipes

• 11-04-2006 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Does anyone know any? I think it could be a great idea/flavour combination. I heard about a chcken satay recipe with tagliatele which could be nice.
    Anyone know anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sounds a bit, well, 'claggy' ... (is that a word?) I like peanut butter, and satay sauce, but I wouldn't say it was a marriage made in heaven, personally.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ive made plenty of satay type stuff w/ peanut butter, you just have to water it down right and its lovely and creamy. i just shake up the peanut butter in a jar with some milk and chilli paste and pour it over onions and chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Muckmagnet

Pasta and Peanut Butter !!!! it just doesnt sound right.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

well its defo good w/ noodles. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Muckmagnet

it'd be like eating a steak stuffed with custard . yuk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Tree wrote:
    well its defo good w/ noodles. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Well, OK, I admit I've had oriental noodle and beansprout salad type thingies in the past that have had a rather watery satay sauce, almost like a dressing on them, but italian pasta with a proper satay sauce on it ... no thanks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

try here:

http://allrecipes.com/

but i doubt it!

i dunno, ive had stir fry w/ italina pasta instead of rice or noodles and it was nice. id try it alright

and i much prefer a creamy satay, the watery ones just dont do i t for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

A veggie friend of mine makes a peanut "bolognese" sauce. It is a crime against Italian food but it tastes a lot better than it sounds. Just make a regular tomato sauce and stir in a few spoonfuls of crunchy peanut butter.

wow, and its really good?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

You know, I bet you could substitute peanut butter for pine nuts in Pesto.

Try whizzing up some fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, then blend in some peanut butter and grated parmesan. I'd also throw in some ground almonds and a bit of chilli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Alun wrote:
    Sounds a bit, well, 'claggy' ... (is that a word?)

I dunno, but it should be!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I know someone who uses large dollops of peanut butter in a dish that's similar to a Thai green curry. It's oddly flavoursome. If I make satay sauce it's organic peanut butter (the stuff that's just peanuts, oil and salt), creamed coconut and chilli, blended. Mmmmm, calorietastic...

Advertisement