Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simple wireless router question

• 11-04-2006 4:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    I currently use a wireless Belkin broadband router with my NTL connection.
    I'm moving to a place where I can't get NTL, so I'm going to get ADSL instead. Can I use the same wireless router with the ADSL line?

Cheers,
    S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Hi,

NTL uses the ADSL technology to distribute broadband.
    When you say "I'm going to get ADSL instead" , you already have ADSL you just want to order ADSL through the available company you have in mind (trying not to be patronising :o )
    I see no reason why the Belkim router wouldn't work, but not straight away; you will need to re-configure it for the new network.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

No, no - cable broadband is "always on", ADSL you have to connect to the server through your computer, takes no time, but you still have to connect. There is a difference, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Ok, let me find out something; what is the model of belkin router you have ? with this I will know what type of broadband you have.

With ADSL you can connect once and be connected for as long as the router/modem is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Cable and ADSL are complete different and use different types of modems.

However either type of modem will work with any wireless router. So you can keep your existing Belkin router and bridge the modem that your new ISP gives you to it.

Advertisement