Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible tweaking/modding??

Options
  • 11-04-2006 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

I would like to know would I have much chance of being able to tweak/mod/overclock my system.

I have:

AMD Athlon64 3200+ 2.0ghz

EQS Motherboard M64K9-ALV (the spec is on the site below)
    http://www.eqscomputers.com/products/mobo/motherboard.php?model=M64K9-ALV

2x512mb of Elixir DDR-400mhz-CL3 RAM (it budget RAM afaik)

I have a 200gb ide HDD (I am already getting a SATA 250gb drive with another to follow soon after)

The Graphics card is on the mobo its an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series.

Well??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It depends on whats in your motherboards bios. Or if you can get a overclocking program for that chipset. The 3200+ should overclock well. But I did notice that this is a micro atx motherboard. What case and what cooling does this have on the procceser? As for the ram or integrated graphics they will just not overclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

krazy_8s wrote:
    It depends on whats in your motherboards bios. Or if you can get a overclocking program for that chipset. The 3200+ should overclock well. But I did notice that this is a micro atx motherboard. What case and what cooling does this have on the procceser? As for the ram or integrated graphics they will just not overclock.

I had an idea that the ram and ati wouldn't be too great for it.
    I've attached a few pics, of the case/cooling...fan it is.

So now you read up on overclocking from the many guides on the net. Then go into your bios and look for memory settings to put a divider on and try overclock your cpu to 2.4ghz.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

2.4 is expecting a bit much imho smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

just be forwarned that if there is no PCI lock, you risk severly corrupting the data on your HD!

• Advertisement

just be forwarned that if there is no PCI lock, you risk severly corrupting the data on your HD!

What he said.

Advertisement