Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"Door Open Warning Light" - VW Passat

Options
  • 11-04-2006 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Before I start, yes all the doors are tightly shut.

The warning light indicating that there is a door open started to come on yesterday morning. It is on all of the time now.

Anyone know where the sensors for this indicator are in an 03 VW Passat and what could be causing the problem?

Regards,

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Dummy wrote:
    Before I start, yes all the doors are tightly shut.

The warning light indicating that there is a door open started to come on yesterday morning. It is on all of the time now.

Anyone know where the sensors for this indicator are in an 03 VW Passat and what could be causing the problem?

Regards,

D

car needs door lock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

$Leon$ wrote:
    car needs door lock
    I'll second that - it's common VW fault - There's alway been problem with VW Passat door locks ince the 1997 model was introduced. And with Golfs & Boras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

And ya get the same door lock problems on seats which are made by VW
    Anyway i have seen this before and the problem just might be with the boot door,check it!

MrSinn wrote:
    And ya get the same door lock problems on seats which are made by VW
    Anyway i have seen this before and the problem just might be with the boot door,check it!
    AFAIK a 2003 Passat has seperate tell tale light for the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

crosstownk wrote:
    AFAIK a 2003 Passat has seperate tell tale light for the boot.
    Well i stand corrected,lol.never owned anything newer than 6 yrs old!
    To the op,does the boot indicator light come on when the boot is open?

• Advertisement

Dummy wrote:

D
    The sensor/switch is in the door lock and not available a seperate part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 tigerman

I would flod down the rear seat and get someone to pen and close the boot to see if the light goes off,

I imagine its the boot light.

Also does the lights on buzser work when you open teh door and remove the key with the light on??

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hi Tigerman - just as suddenly the light started to come on, it has now suddenly decided to not come on (except when boot or a door is open).

It works OK now so I will leave it alone. And I didn't do anything to it.

Gremlins I tell you, gremlins.

D

Dummy wrote:
    Hi Tigerman - just as suddenly the light started to come on, it has now suddenly decided to not come on (except when boot or a door is open).

It works OK now so I will leave it alone. And I didn't do anything to it.

Gremlins I tell you, gremlins.

D
    Gremlins = water

In a lot of cases its rain water ingress that cause the fault. Best to get the car plugged into a VW diagnostic. (46 - Central Convenience Module and interrogate fault memory). I'll hazard a guess that the light will come on again after the next heavy rainfall. Those door locks caused untold grief a while back. If you have an alarm fitted there is a possibility that it may false alarm due to the dodgy door contact switch.

Advertisement