Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98.9 cent petrol in Clonsilla

Options
  • 11-04-2006 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else notice that Shell were selling petrol for 98.9cent this mornin? Or was I dreamin? The forecourt looked unusually busy too???? :confused: If it's still goin cheap I'm gona head down to fill up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I heard something on 98FM this morning about some promotion they're at where a station reduces prices for a few hours to 98.1/9 cents.. could be the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm not living too far from Clonsilla. Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I don't understand why some enterprising individual or consotium can't but 1million litres (or some other large amount) one year and then resell it one year/five years later at a profit, yes they would need storage tanks but the margin could make that up

even think of it on a small scale- even I'm using unleaded petrol in my lawnmower that was bought over a year ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Its the 98fm promotion they have on at the moment with the "Fuel Fairy". The pick a shell petrol station every couple of hours and for 98 mins the petrol there sells at 98.9. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Shell garage in Stillorgan this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I think we should keep posting the garages as they are announced. Alot of people, like me, do no thave a radio in work, and it would be handy to get a tip-off if it ends up nearby me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

prospect wrote:
    I think we should keep posting the garages as they are announced. Alot of people, like me, do no thave a radio in work, and it would be handy to get a tip-off if it ends up nearby me.

That idea ain't bad.... I don't have a radio in work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

The only catch is - you've got to share the forecourt with 98FM listeners. Shudders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Went down last night alright to check and the price was back up to normal :(

vector wrote:
    I don't understand why some enterprising individual or consotium can't but 1million litres (or some other large amount) one year and then resell it one year/five years later at a profit, yes they would need storage tanks but the margin could make that up

even think of it on a small scale- even I'm using unleaded petrol in my lawnmower that was bought over a year ago

What if the price dropped? You would be rightly screwed.

Also Unleaded has a self life of a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Genghis wrote:
    The only catch is - you've got to share the forecourt with 98FM listeners. Shudders.

I happened by it yesterday morning.

Only realised at the pump why everything was at 98.1 - there were some ladies wearing some "angel wings" and had leaflets. I "filled" the bros at a grand cost of €8. Because I was more concerned about skipping the queue, I only realised too late that the price was also 98.1 on VPower so I could have "cost" 98fm more than the ~80c that I did by using normal petrol. :o

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

fletch wrote:
    Went down last night alright to check and the price was back up to normal :(
    AFAIK, its only on promotion for 98 mins from the time they announce it which is about 8am.
    Genghis wrote:
    Apart from Little Becky of course, she's class

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

Where is it this afternoon.

Maybe people could post everyday where they are going to be.

Cant listen to the radio in work

Advertisement