Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma or LCD

• 11-04-2006 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Which is better an LCD TV or a plasma? Where would be the best place to buy in ireland? Online or shop? I would be looking for a big one around 40".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,953 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

My own opinion is that if your going big say 40 inch plus I would recommend Plasma, to many chances of dead pixels in LCD's that size! I would probably go for Panasonic Plasma, having seen some of them on demo in Currys/DID. You just need to be careful for the first 100 hours or so to avoid getting screen burn you need to keep contrast and brightness levels down.

Cheers

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Check out the plasma/lcd section on avforums.com - excellent advice on there!

Personally I went for a Plasma based on the smearing and dead pixels on LCD, as Snake has said, if you change your setting to low for the first 100 or so hours, there is no chance of screen retention on the plasma.

One of the best purchases I ever made, but each to their own - have a look at the site, shops and make your choice........it only took me 6 months to decide on mine!!!!

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,953 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi Maxwell,

Just interested in if you worry about those channels that have logos like sky news for example even after the 100 hours and also has your Plasma got a built in protection mechanism say a channel image freezes for whatever reason for a period of time can the screen spot it and reduce contrast blank out etc. I bought a Tosh 32" LCD for the bedroom, but when I finally get round to replacing the Panasonic 32" CRT, I'll be buying a 42" Plasma (probably Panasonic), thats unless something like SED doesn't hit the market in the meantime.

Cheers

Snake ;)

Advertisement