Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection timing out with Belkin adsl wireless modem on Eircom broadband...

• 11-04-2006 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I got a belkin wireless modem and USB adaptor, and configured the Belkin USB adaptor to connect to Eircom Broadband.
    It connects grand, but after a minute or two the connection stops (The belkin router page show Internet status as : No Connection) and i have to refresh/resave my connection settings to continue using broadband - what have i not set up correctly in order to keep the broadband connection open all the time?
    Can someone help me as i am at a loss?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

skindoh wrote:
    I got a belkin wireless modem and USB adaptor, and configured the Belkin USB adaptor to connect to Eircom Broadband.
    It connects grand, but after a minute or two the connection stops (The belkin router page show Internet status as : No Connection) and i have to refresh/resave my connection settings to continue using broadband - what have i not set up correctly in order to keep the broadband connection open all the time?
    Can someone help me as i am at a loss?

Firstly dont rule out the possibility of a fault in the Belkin. Secondly there is usually an option somewhere in the main set up page in a router to keep the connection alive or words to that effect - do you have that ticked?

Is the connection ok when you use your Eircom router/modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Belkin actully offer free 24 hour technical assistance if you don't mind waiting 30 mins or more. Have had trouble with belkin routers and eircom broadband myself. Try a linksys or netgear one instead.

Advertisement