Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Newsapers

Options
  • 11-04-2006 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Can't believe you guys were calling the Gardai with free newspaper conspiracy theories :D

I thought first of all it was from my neighbour. Then I thought it must be Independent newspapers trying to force home their monopoly on the news.

But, the second day there was a card inside one advertising "have your paper delivered to your door" every morning.

And I thought I was a bit paranoid !!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

do you have the company's name and number, have been trying to find someone to deliver papers for ages. Is is just charlesland or do they do other parts of Greystones as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

This is the info I got from the Irish Times:

Free papers this week are organised by a bloke called George Davis who is offering a newspaper delivery service in the area. Tel (01) 235 0121 for further information.

And to be fair Marcais (and without starting this all up again :rolleyes: ) I dont think it was unreasonable being worried. I'm a girl living on my own and none of the 3 free papers I got had an insert or any indication that it was a promotional offer (I did check!!!). That and the fact they were delivered at all hours I think was reasonable grounds for concern and to have called the Gardai. Yes maybe it was a bit paranoid but I'd rather they were made aware than I go to bed at night worrying about people breaking in, esp with previous threads about people waking up with intruders in their rooms. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

eleMental wrote:
    This is the info I got from the Irish Times:

Free papers this week are organised by a bloke called George Davis who is offering a newspaper delivery service in the area. Tel (01) 235 0121 for further information.

And to be fair Marcais (and without starting this all up again :rolleyes: ) I dont think it was unreasonable being worried. I'm a girl living on my own and none of the 3 free papers I got had an insert or any indication that it was a promotional offer (I did check!!!). That and the fact they were delivered at all hours I think was reasonable grounds for concern and to have called the Gardai. Yes maybe it was a bit paranoid but I'd rather they were made aware than I go to bed at night worrying about people breaking in, esp with previous threads about people waking up with intruders in their rooms. ;)

Yeah, sorry mate, I agree completely but it's still a laugh :D

Advertisement