Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance Question

Options
  • 11-04-2006 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

can I claim for new mattress on a bed that someone got sick over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

would it be worth your while with the excess? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

excess on policy is only €60 and the mattress would be about €300 so yes worth my while but wonder if something like that would be covered. Its not like it was a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

anyone else know before I make a idiot of myself today by ringing the insurance company and they laugh at me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Fitzer12345

It should be covered, but only if you have accidental damage on the policy. Bear in mind if you have a no claims bonus on the policy the amount you get for the mattress may be claimed back by higher premiums over the next few years.

Also if you have made other claims within a short period recently you may be loaded at your next renewal.

Advertisement