Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing

Options
  • 11-04-2006 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Thread title says it all!

Anyone racing this year? If so, how is it going?

I have managed to survive three road-races so far (though I must confess to going out the back of the pack in two of them before the end). Haven't had as much luck on the XC scene, entered one race where I had to drop out half-way through the first lap due to drivetrain issues.

Also, anyone watching the early season euro racing? Pretty funny DQs at Paris-Roubaix at the weekend (place 2-4 got disqualified for not stopping at a level crossing). Anyone got an opinion on Tom Boonen? he has been pretty impressive... saw footage of him leading the bunch heading up the Koppenburg in the Tour of Flanders. Very cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Harkev

I took up racing this year... I've also done three races (and gone sailing out the back in three!)

If feel its very tough sport to get started in, there's a lot of fairly decent S3 riders about, and beginners just aren't good enough to keep up over race distances. I think a fourth category like in england might be a good idea... I believe its for novices only and once upgraded you can never go back.

Hopefully by the end of the summer anyway I'll be finishing in the pack :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Harkev

so how's it going at this stage? I finally managed to finish with the bunch at the fourth attempt:D

Is anyone racing in navan this weekend? Any idea how far it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Harkev wrote:
    so how's it going at this stage? I finally managed to finish with the bunch at the fourth attempt:D

Is anyone racing in navan this weekend? Any idea how far it is?

Planning to race Saturday and Sunday this weekend - have to see how I get on.

Not sure how it is going to go. We had a two week holiday back in Ireland in May (which involved going to a wedding, i.e. lots of beer) so I haven't been on my bike as much as I would like.

Still, looking forward to it.

Fill us in on how the racing in Navan goes!

Advertisement