Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Define Skanger Fashion...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Dont forget the obligatory sovereign ring....add more than one for that extra skangery touch.

Its like a public warning system to say look at me "Im a total knack"...with no class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

SexyD4Lady wrote:

Skanger guys seem to be wearing Timbaland boots, the type with the turn-down tongue, baggy jeans, and an imitation Hilfiger or Polo sweater the same colour as the boots. Hair is as extravagant as the girls'. Highlighted, spiked, mulletish, you name it. Jewellery is extra diamondy, from Argos, and CK boxers are always worn- imitation of course, with the hem of the jumper tucked into them over one hip, jeans low slung.

GORGEOUS. :eek:

Timberland boots :eek: i don't think so,i wear Timberland boots ive never seen any skanger/chav wear them,im a very well dressed geezer as well,i don't wear Hilfiger either,ill wear Polo Ralph Lauren occasionaly,i prefer Hugo Boss or Prada or Armani myself, and i wear no jewellery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Toolach

Now in defence of sportwear - it is resonably priced and comfortable. You can bur a sweatshirt and jogpants for less than a branded shirt and pair of jeans.

In fact many high end stores on our high street are imitationg street fashion.

The question is though do skangers actually think they look good in that gear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Sizzler wrote:
    The question is though do skangers actually think they look good in that gear?

Another question could be, why do you care so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 DJ Dangerous

Slightly off topic, so my apologies, but I thought that some of you would find this very funny.
    One warning though, some strong language in it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OttZv1HcvXo&search=anto%20and%20finton
    Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Brill!

Scary when the sunshine is out, skanger fashion takes on a whole new meaning !! Sunburn is sooooo in this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

its repulsive.fat white bellies hanging over trousers are always in in the summer.ugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Plenty of info here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6gU6p9Ug4&search=dcu

If you're bored enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Nightwish wrote:
    tracksuit bottoms tucked into white socks

wearing pyjamas out on the street

i do that cause its handy nipping to the shop round the corner lol!

Vesty tops(especially the stripy Pennys ones!) with goldie belts worn over them coupled with 3/4 length really skinny jeans and coloured pumps.

The fellas around here are in the white tracksuit brigade and wear hdeous fred perry stripy jumpers yuk!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

wats wrong with tracksuits???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Nothing but some (not all) are plain dodgy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

wats wrong with tracksuits???
    Most of them just look nasty.
    *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

a) trendy neds
    the type of fellas ya see around that have the mckenzie clothing. you know, the proper jog pant material 'sweatpants' . they generally have a matching zip up top with the exact same design that would be on the lower leg, except on the front of the top. the 'jog pants' lets call them,(USATF2000.jpg) are tucked into the socks, with some blingin runners on. they would usually have highlights combined with the spiked multi length style that goes swish over to one side and up a bit. its impossible to find pictures of these on google so bear with me as i try to explain! then theres the one 'diamond' earing , large in the left ear or sometimes 2 of them who knows, who cares but yes! and the silver thick chain. these folk generally look expensively dressed and generally i just think its a modern spin on the tracksuit wearing..duhhbut the thing i dont get is the sock tucking in jazz and the hair. but maybe this is what makes it modernized , i dont know.... however i have noticed the lads who dress like this are less likely to rob you and seem to have a bit more respect then your run of the mill scumbag.

b) scumbags
    wear angry faces and carry knives. will cause **** with anybody anywhere just for the pure sake of it, generally have a bad upbringing that has led them to the unfortunate circumstances of not having any respect for the fact people work for what they own, have feelings etc. i feel sorry for them more than scared of.

c) shhmad outta it
    the people that know they look like scumbags. they speak loudly about illegal things on the bus and hope everyone feels intimidated and scared when really everyone just sees them as pathethic. they are generally about 15 or 16 years of age. there are two classifications of shhmad outta its and i think there are one group of dangerous shhmad outta its that would do anything to increase their social status amongst their group of idiot friends by earning violence rating kudos . and then there are shhmad outta its that like the image and have a mediocre shot at picking up a tinge of the accent etc. but are really harmless. you know they're nice people...the kind of people you saw grow up and you just know they arent mean /without morals / unfortunate upbringings etc

the females all fall under the same categories
    and i could go on for a while but why am i still typing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

gillo wrote:
    Try www.chavscum.co.uk the pictures tell it all, and the text gives a good laugh.

After that for a real laugh (admittedly at other peoples expense) try www.mingers.com

I always thought skanger was more a mentality / state of mind, not jsut how someone dresses, afterall look at Jimmy Saville, beat that for chavtastic style, he even has the big cigar and you couldn't get a nicer man. It's a pitty the medalions he gave out didn't come on a fake gold chain.

Poor old Mary Harney is on page 1 of the couples on that Minger site!! :D:D

Advertisement