Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anti-Flag

• 11-04-2006 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Any fans out there?

They've recently released a new album called ''For Blood And Empire'' on RCA Records, a major label, their 7th studio album. However, they insisted they want to keep things their way, not wanting to change their sound or ways.

They've come a long way since the release of ''Die For Your Government'' in 1996.

So opinions on the band/new album?

(BTW I do not work for RCA and am not promoting Anti-Flag, just in case we have another incident like what happened to Frank Cronin.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Not my cup of tea tbh. But there's a few on here that like 'em.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

lols. I'm a pretty big fan. Nearly wet myself when *someone* told me they were playing wasted in August, but was devastated to find they're only playin the Holland one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

dregin wrote:
    Nearly wet myself when *someone* told me they were playing wasted in August, but was devastated to find they're only playin the Holland one.

Ha, that sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

As Janer would say:

There shyte, pure shyte non-punk music!

As Janer would say:

There shyte, pure shyte non-punk music!
    Yeah, but what would you say?

• Advertisement

I used to like their song called "Police Brutality" but then I heard Urban Waste's version of it and it blew me the **** away.

But yeah, I just really don't like Anti-Flag and their lyrics annoy the **** out of me. They're a pack of brown nosers.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

dregin wrote:
    Yeah, but what would you say?

Spot on.

There is no doubt Anti-flag have some good songs and some more good songs that I find are ruined by his voice at times. Would love to see them though.

Yeah Justin's voice does get really annoying. I prefer Chris' big time, but ya can't win everything.

dregin wrote:
    Yeah Justin's voice does get really annoying. I prefer Chris' big time, but ya can't win everything.

Or can you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

OLP wrote:
    Not my cup of tea tbh. But there's a few on here that like 'em.
    Same here, they just have that annoying "American sound trying to be a Punk band but it's actually not" crap type of band.

• Advertisement

Anarchist wrote:
    Same here, they just have that annoying "American sound trying to be a Punk band but it's actually not" crap type of band.
    exactly how much do you know about them Janer, out of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

U know my knowledge and collection.
    Bit of a silly question, you will be asking me about how much I know about wearing fashionable hats next :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

ah there a good band, real talented, they just need someone who can scream, that whole bouncing souls voice in punk just pisses me off. you wanna whine join a ****ing emo band, if you wanna write music like that you better have some freddy ciccen in you

ah there a good band, real talented, they just need someone who can scream, that whole bouncing souls voice in punk just pisses me off. you wanna whine join a ****ing emo band, if you wanna write music like that you better have some freddy ciccen in you

Err? Yer man from the Bouncing Souls doesn't scream. He's got a pretty good voice actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

so....do you read things before you post back to them or do you just pick out a couple of choice words and hope what you say makes sense...well swing and a miss on this one there bud, also ive met greg, hes a nice guy, i just dont like his singing

so....do you read things before you post back to them or do you just pick out a couple of choice words and hope what you say makes sense...well swing and a miss on this one there bud, also ive met greg, hes a nice guy, i just dont like his singing

I used to flex my acapella with Greg back in the day. Id let him put honey down my neck any day

so....do you read things before you post back to them or do you just pick out a couple of choice words and hope what you say makes sense...well swing and a miss on this one there bud

Do you ever use proper punctuation? Nah, I thought not.
    also ive met greg, hes a nice guy, i just dont like his singing

Wow, go get yourself some punk points.:rolleyes:

It's all comes down to personal preference on some one's voice though. I just don't see how you can compare Greg's voice to whiney emo vocals.

Advertisement