Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F-Class Fans

Options
  • 12-04-2006 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

For all you F-class fans out there, the results of the league shoot on sunday last the 9 april are up with lots of new photo's with my Daddys super camera on www.nrai.ie
    There are some great photo's of the shoot AND THE REFURBISHED WIND MILL RANGE, with some very big F-CLASS target rifles which I am sure you will all enjoy.
    Unfortunatly I was unable to get a lone of my Daddy's chopper to take photo's from the air.
    But he has promised me that I can have a lone of it soon BEFORE THE F-CLASS INTERNATIONAL at the end of this month.

THE SPORTER CLASS IS DOING VERY WELL AND ONE OR TWO ARE AS GOOD AS THE BIG RIFLES i THINK THEY CALL IT CUSTOM.

A LITTLE TIT BIT FOR F-CLASS FANS OUT THERE, THE NEW CALIBRE IS 7mm according to members of the GB squad but your barrel does not last very long, 600 rounds????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sakofan

Boudica,

Nice photos on the website...

I noticed one off-the-shelf rifle, it looks like a Sako heavy barrel. It's good to hear the sporter class rifles are doing well... I have one of those, in 6.5x55, and I was wondering, do you know how that shooter did at the competition? Was he in the running despite all that custom hardware on display?

thanks,

Sakofan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

The shooter in question finished in 4 position overall, I think, but the same competitor probably with a custom built rifle would have finished in first, only because I beleive he has a knowledge of shooting better than most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Oz2

Hey Fellas,

I am new here and I registered because I will be moving to Ireland in the next year or so. I have just started to shoot F Class here and I love it. The rifle seems to be up to it anyway. As luck would have it, I will be settling in Tullamore (that's where the missus is from) and that is right next door to the best range you guys seem to have. Just a shame it's only 600yds. Any chance of that being made any longer in future? My reason for posting is that I would like some ideas on where I can get information on how I go about importing my rifles and getting a licence etc. I use my rifles for hunting and target shooting and as far as hunting goes I wouldn't mind taking up deer hunting again once I am overthere.

I'm sure I need to give you guys more info to answer my questions so please ask. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Any chance of that being made any longer in future?
    Last time I shot there (the NTSA runs it's 50m national championships in the MRC range), people were saying that they were going to be pushing out to 1200 yards in the next few years. Maybe someone from there can give you some better information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Oz2 wrote:
    My reason for posting is that I would like some ideas on where I can get information on how I go about importing my rifles and getting a licence etc.
    Paging Traumadoc, paging Traumadoc!

Hi Oz2, welcome.

One of the regulars here (Traumadoc), has been looking at doing this too, with a bit of luck he'll be along shortly with his take on the whole thing.

Here's something he posted recently- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51075584#post51075584

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Welcome Oz2, Look at the web site www.nrai.ie for all f-class stuff in IRELAND, the NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION OF IRELAND may be of help to you, their e-mail is nraireland@gmail.com

They are running their first international f-class between Republic of Ireland, Scotland and England on the 29 and 30 of April, some of the top f-class shooters in the world are going to be there shooting f-class.

There will be a report on the web site about the match around the 2 or 3 of may.

Regarding the magic 1000 yards, this is on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Oz2

Boudica,
    Thanks for the info. I'll get on to the NRAI and see what they can tell me. I'll have to get a membership with them anyway at the end of the day so i might as well start early. I'll keep watching that website to see how you guys go in the international matches. 10 years ago I would have never thought that this would develop in Ireland. Well done to all that made it happen.

1000 yds coming ey? Good stuff.

What's the story on reloading? I tried to find something about that on this board but it is probably outdated stuff now. From what I can remember, there was some talk of reloading being allowed but it was not officially legislated as such. Any updates on that anyone?

Advertisement